Product Design Intern
Tailored to a recent graduate of an accredited Industrial Design Program
Tailored to a student Currently a student currently enrolled in an accredited Industrial Design Program
LumiSource, LLC is a leading national distributor of stylish home decor at affordable prices. We supply to the nation's top retail chains as well as independent and online retailers. Our product lines range from contemporary furniture to lighting and accessories. Our inspiration mostly derives from industrial, modern, and mid-century modern design. We are committed to innovation, constantly refreshing our product offerings and expanding our position in the marketplace.
LumiSource is looking for a self-motivated, intern candidate willing to jump in and assist on multiple projects at once. You will contribute to all stages of development, from initial concept ideation & sketching through 3D modeling & prototyping. The position will also expose the candidate to the business side of design, so flexibility in your work routine will be the key to the applicant’s success.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Catalog incoming product samples
• Assist the design team on multiple projects
• Assist in the development of products from ideation through 3D deliverables
• Create product assembly instructions
• Assist with trade show setup at our Las Vegas Market & High Point Market showrooms
• Prior furniture design experience is a plus
• Proficiency in the following software programs:
- Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop/Illustrator/InDesign)
- Microsoft Suite (Word/Excel/Outlook)
• Extensive shop experience & knowledge of furniture assembly is preferred
• Very strong communication and organizational skills
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.