Dimensions Furniture is a growing entrepreneurial company based out of Carmel, Indiana that supplies furniture to some of America’s largest retailers. Our customer base ranges from some of the highest-end to very price sensitive retailers. This wide range of customers provides our team the opportunity to take on the complete spectrum of challenges presented in today’s marketplace. As our company continues to grow and target new opportunities, we are seeking a designer to join our team and play an integral role in our growth efforts. As Product Designer, this position would be part of our highly collaborative and multi-disciplinary team, responsible for innovation across multiple brands. You will work closely with Dimensions’ operations and sales teams when conceptualizing and designing new products, creating sales support materials to help sell those products, and operational support to effectively deliver those products to customers. This candidate must be highly organized and efficient with strong personal initiative and sense of accountability.
o Educational Requirements:
? Bachelor degree or higher in industrial, product, or furniture design.
? An associate’s degree is acceptable if the candidate has at least 2 years hands-on design experience in related discipline.
o Technical Skills:
? Must have experience in computer-aided design and rendering software. (The primary software our designers use is SolidThinking: Evolve)
? Adobe Photoshop (proficient)
? Adobe Illustrator (proficient)
? Microsoft Office, particularly Excel (moderate level of experience and competency)
? Experience designing furniture not a must but an advantage.
o Personal Attributes:
? Creativity and flexibility to deal with the varied day-to-day responsibilities of an entrepreneurial firm.
? Ability to problem solve.
? Example of Common Daily Duties and Tasks:
o Render new design based on direction provided by sales team and customers.
o Develop creative solutions to technical design challenges in order to minimize cost, maximize efficiency, or improve performance.
o Research relevant designs based upon customer trends to be used as inspiration for potential development.
o Take basic information from the sales team and then put that information into a creative format that will present our products in a compelling and persuasive way.
? Compensation and Benefits:
- Annual Base Salary: $50,000
- Incentive Compensation: Incentive compensation is in the form of a profit sharing year-end bonus, payable within 45 days of end of fiscal year.
- Expenses: All business expenses will be paid for by Dimensions. When any business expenses are incurred, you would just submit an expense form with receipts to our accounting staff to be fully reimbursed.
- Vacation and Holiday Policy: Dimensions’ policy is to allow a new employee two- weeks (10 workdays) vacation time each year. An employee’s level and time of service will make them eligible for additional days. In addition, the office is closed for the following nine holidays: New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, 4th of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, the Friday after Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve Day, and Christmas. If a holiday falls on a weekend, we will generally close for a Friday before or Monday after the holiday.
Dimensions tries to treat each individual employee with respect in its policy towards sick days and personnel days. We expect all employees to make every reasonable effort to be at work and fully attend to their responsibilities for the company. However, we recognize that family must come first. As such, we allow employees to take personal days as needed to attend to medical appointments, serious illness, or other family emergencies without counting against the vacation time in any way. In addition, there is no set limit to the number of allowed sick days. The expectation is that the employees will be at the office if they are reasonably able to do so and not a risk to other employees.
- Health Insurance: Our current health insurance plan is through Anthem/Blue Cross. The current company policy that is in effect for all our employees is that Dimensions pays 80% of the premiums for the employee and Dimensions pays 50% of the premiums for the spouse and any dependents.
- Life Insurance and Short-Term Disability Insurance: This coverage is 100% paid for by the company and is offered through Anthem/Blue Cross. The life insurance coverage is for $25,000 payable to any beneficiary that you designate. The short-term disability insurance coverage would cover wages at 2/3rds of the base salary level for a period of up to 6 months if you became disabled and were unable to work.
- 401K plan: Dimensions has a 401K plan in which you would be eligible to participate. However, the company does not currently offer any matching contribution to employees on this plan.
To apply, please submit your application to email@example.com