We’re here to make room for people in the modern workplace. We create thoughtful designs that inspire new ideas, fresh perspectives, and a better way to work. Our first product is a soundproof phone booth for the open office. It takes away the noise and makes room for what’s essential. We deliver directly from factory to business and keep prices low so that our clients can invest in bigger ideas down the road. We rethink and refine every step of the customer experience to offer thoughtful, modular solutions that grow with the business, leading the way to better Mondays and a brighter future.
Since launching in May 2018, we’ve acquired over 2000 clients, ranging from budding startups to Fortune 500 companies, such as JP Morgan, Nike, Google, and Salesforce. We’re backed by Slow Ventures and notable angel investors from Silicon Valley, and TIME named our product one of the Best Inventions of 2018.
About the role:
With our first product, ROOM One, we offer a moment of peace to everyone who has ever taken a phone call in the hallway, finished a spreadsheet in the quiet time at midnight, or sat alone in the stairwell to be alone and think big thoughts. As we begin to expand our product offering, we are looking for a rockstar product designer who lives and breathes user-centric design, is passionate about sustainability, and has the skill to ensure our products remain the most attractive ones on the market. The ideal candidate is a Product Design with experience driving consumer and furniture products from concept through production on time while championing the voice of the customer.
What you’ll do:
- Support the product design process, alongside engineering, from brainstorming and concept generation through production.
- Create concept sketches and renderings to present to key stakeholders.
- Get your hands dirty making initial prototypes to verify new ideas.
- Act as a key stakeholder in developing ROOM’s product families and product roadmap.
- Cultivate a deep understanding of our customers and advocate for solutions based on their needs and pain points.
- Specify CMF (colors, materials, finish) for new products.
- Ability to synthesize an understanding of customer behavior, our brand, and market trends into a story and a product.
Who you are:
- You have completed a degree in Industrial Design or an equivalent program.
- You have 4+ years of product design experience.
- You have incredible 3D CAD Modeling Skills, especially with surfacing. (SolidWorks strongly preferred).
- You are able to quickly create and iterate on photorealistic renderings (KeyShot, VRay, Cinema 4D, etc.)
- You know the Adobe Creative Suite like the back of your hand.
- You have jaw-dropping portfolio with demonstrated ability to execute on tight deadlines.
- Your projects range across a variety of materials and manufacturing processes. Furniture and textile experience is a must.
You have worked in a startup environment where you have taken ideas from conception to production.
- You have an uncanny ability to juggle multiple priorities and make trade-off decisions when timeline, specs and/or budget don’t align.
- You are a confident self-starter comfortable working in a changing and ambiguous environment.
- You are eager to wear multiple hats and do the next most important task, even when it is new, unfamiliar, or outside the scope of your daily work.
How we make room for you:
Health & wellness: Fully covered medical, vision, and dental insurance to take care of you and your family.
Unlimited PTO: Flexible vacation policy to allow you to unplug and recharge whenever you need it.
Equity: Company stock to honor your hard work and dedication.
Fully stocked kitchen and lunches: Weekly catered lunches and plenty of healthy snacks, coffee, and drinks to give you the perfect energy boost.
Commuter benefits: Pre-tax savings that make a difference in your budget and your morning commute.
Team events: Monthly team outings, dinners, and happy hours that inspire new conversations and lead to meaningful relationships
How we make room for everyone:
Our belief is simple: What makes you different is what allows us to be different. We value diversity not only in terms of race, gender, sexual orientation, and religious background but also in the way you think and approach challenges. We’re committed to creating a work environment where you can be yourself and trust that your voice will be heard. Diversity isn’t something we preach but something we practice every day, and taking care of our team is always our top priority.
Join our team!
We’re a team of designers, engineers, and creative thinkers who came together to design the future of work. As a company, we believe that people are the most important asset of every organization. When you put people first, everything falls into place. Join us if you’re interested in creating solutions that improve life at work and looking for a culture of growth, freedom, and accountability.