We are passionate Toy Creators! At Strottman, we work with some of the biggest brands in the world to create some of the most widely distributed toys in the world. We are looking for an outstanding Product Designer to join our growing Irvine office for a new creative Toy Division. You will have the opportunity to create new, direct to consumer, proprietary brands working with an exceptional team of professionals.
This role is a hands-on design position that will work on creating NEW Strottman proprietary brands! Reporting to the Executive Creative Director and working closely with senior management, you will impact bottom-line results by brainstorming innovative ideas, designing new toys and packaging - taking your ideas from preliminary design concepts and presentation materials through final manufactured/printed product and collateral.
This position works collaboratively with all departments in a team environment.
- Must have a passion for and proven track record of coming up with innovative ideas!
- Bachelors in Design, Illustration or Industrial Design and 3- 5 years’ experience designing toys
- High level of energy, flexible, resourceful, effective collaboration, and the ability to not take yourself too seriously
- Consumer of pop culture and everything kids and family related
- Capability to innovate and design independently, and brainstorm with a team
- Ability to illustrate/sketch product ideas is a must including ability to create orthographic views
- Ability to work quickly and manage multiple projects at once, while keeping strict deadlines
- Experience managing freelance resources
- Must be proficient in Illustrator, Photoshop, and Presentation Programs; Experience using 3D design programs a plus
Applicants who meet the above qualifications are invited to forward their resume/portfolio. Please include samples from your portfolio or link to your website.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Email resume with portfolio link
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.