Our growing 90-person team is looking for a Product Designer (UI) who will work cross functionally with our Product Management and Development teams to assist in the design direction for our product. This individual will be an integral part of the design function within the organization producing high-quality user interface design for our product—from concept to execution, including those for web and mobile applications. Our ideal candidate is self-driven, collaborative, works well in a fast-paced environment, and has a passion for pixel-perfect work.
We were also named one of the Washington Post’s Top Workplaces in 2017 and 2018!
Here’s what you’ll do day-to-day:
• Produce all digital materials and consistently apply brand standards and style guides for the suite of Employee Navigator products and public-facing website
• Create conceptual graphics that communicate complex ideas effectively
• Create pattern and style guides to ensure design files and image libraries are organized and easy to use
• Produce end-to-end experiences, including prototypes, wireframes, map workflows and interaction design representing the user at all times
• Effectively communicate conceptual ideas and design rationale
• Juggle multiple projects while effectively managing timelines and expectations
• Work with the Product team to further develop and refine the guest experience
• Utilize user-centered design best-in-class principles to produce amazing visual from concept to execution across platforms
• BFA/BA/BS in Graphic Design, Visual Communications, or Fine Arts, or equivalent experience
• Minimum of 2+ years of experience in web design
• Ability to consult effectively with non-designers on projects
• Experience creating high fidelity mockups
• Experience with UI design patterns and standard user centered design methodologies
• Ability to convey clear messaging and stories through design
• Strong organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple overlapping deadlines and priorities
• Experience designing for responsive desktop applications and mobile applications
• Experience in Sketch, InVision, and/or other industry design and prototyping tools
• Strong verbal and written communications skills
All candidates will be required to submit a portfolio of work samples and/or links to their work.
• Experience with Software as a Service (SaaS) solutions
• Experience working in an Agile environment
• Video editing experience
• Experience producing short videos to support marketing initiatives
• Comfortable using a variety of different tools (iRise, Balsamiq, Justinmind, etc.)
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.