The Product Development Assistant is a full-time position based out of our Seattle office directly reporting to the industrial design manager. The person in this role will be responsible for assisting in bringing compelling products and accessories to market. This includes molded computer and tablet cases, as well as headphones, keyboards, and accessories. You will work with an international team of talented designers and engineers to help translate design visions into product realities.
• Competitive salaries, benefits, and performance incentives
• Hybrid home/office scheduling
• Public transit allowance
• Bachelor of Fine Arts, BS degree specializing in industrial design, product merchandising, engineering, or equivalent work experience.
• Proficiency in Microsoft 365 apps (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Sharepoint, Teams).
• Demonstrated organization and management of multiple projects at a time
Roles And Responsibilities
• Review prototype and production samples, providing fit and function feedback to design and engineering teams
• Ensure product development schedule is closely adhered to
• Receive, process, and ship packages
• Maintain an organized sample storage system and office environment
• Coordinate with marketing team on product sample needs and tradeshow planning
• Control and adhere to the company’s high product quality standards by facilitating customer support and monitoring ongoing quality control
• Must be a team player capable of collaborating in person and remotely.
• Are organized and focused. You know how to deliver on schedule while being detail-oriented.
• Extensive attention to detail and follow-through related to calendar, vendor relations, and inner department relations
• Are able and willing to be in our Seattle-based office 2-3 times / week.
Ideal Candidate (Nice to have but not required)
• 1-2 years prior product development experience
• Have a basic knowledge of injection molding, and manufacturing processes to work efficiently with factories / vendors through the product development process.
• Ability open and review CADs for molded products (preferably in Fusion 360)
• Proficient in Adobe Illustrator + Photoshop
If Interested, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line "Product Development Assistant" containing the following information:
1. E-copy of your resume in word or .pdf
2. A .pdf or links to your portfolio of relevant products you have brought to market (if available)
3. Expected salary