Who we are
Mijksenaar is a leading internationally operating Wayfinding design firm based in New York City and Amsterdam, The Netherlands. We have over 36 years of experience working on complex wayfinding systems around the world, with a strong focus on transportation facilities such as airports and train stations, as well as cities, museums and hospitals. Our work can be seen not only at large transportation hubs around the world, but also cultural institutions and museums. Through our work, we connect people and places in a meaningful way. We help passengers to find their way in major international airports, we guide tourists and residents through the most beautiful streets of a city and we let children determine their way at the zoo.
We see every visit, ride and trip as a journey—all of which we strive to make easier, more efficient
As a project lead at Mijksenaar, you have a critical role on the team and in projects. You will be responsible for overseeing critical, large projects- often with multiple stakeholders and consultants. With a creative background, you grasp the multidisciplinary nature of our work, and can adapt the workflow you are familiar with, to the wayfinding process at Mijksenaar. You will need to be comfortable representing the best of Mijksenaar both internally and externally. Additionally, as our ambassador, you will be able to clearly communicate the complexity and strengths of Mijksenaar’s wayfinding expertise, and are interested in pushing our practice further.
For projects, you will understand clients’ needs, opportunities and constraints and help the team to best address them. You’ll lead client engagements, guide strategy, and develop presentations and deliverables. Included in your responsibilities, you will understand and manage the projects’ finances and process and assist in the development of proposals and sales pitches. You will help manage the design team, supporting growth within Mijksenaar as well as helping the office grow.
Desired skills and qualifications
• Bachelors or Master’s degree (or equivalent experience) in design, architecture, urban design, environmental psychology or comparable field.
• Eight+ years’ experience in a wayfinding office or a related design office with increasing client facing and managerial responsibilities.
• Affinity for business development and finances.
• Knowledge of MS Office, Keynote and basic knowledge of financial accounting software.
• Knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite.
• Experienced with project management: scoping, finances, budgeting and directing tasks.
• Excellent communication skills on-line, in writing and in person.
• Able to collaborate with team members and clients in different time zones.
• Equally creative and analytical, have deep attention to detail, and strive for the best result.
• Proactive and curious: you like to push boundaries yet know how to work within constraints.
Details of employment
We offer salary commensurate with experience; medical; vacation, sick days and federal holidays; 401(k) with employer match. The position is available to candidates authorized to work in the United States, full time and on-site in New York City.
Send a cover letter with your resume and portfolio to: firstname.lastname@example.org, attn: Cesar Sanchez.
Salary range $75,000 - 125,000, commensurate with experience.