The Project Manager will work with the team to ensure the big-picture view of how all projects are managed and how the current workload, collectively and individually, impacts budget, staffing, scheduling, client-responsiveness etc. The position requires the Project Manager come on-site for weekly status meetings and planning sessions, and client meetings, if necessary. The Project Manager will work with the in-house team, and contractors (e.g. freelancers, strategists, developers), as well as have interaction with clients as it relates to schedules, budgets and scope-of-work management.
Organized, detail-oriented, multi-tasker with an understanding of the design process. Familiarity with project management software (Asana), Google docs, and Slack. Strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills. Minimum of three years’ experience as a project manager within a design or interactive-focused environment. A particular expertise and passion in people, budget and schedule management. Graceful under pressure.
Client Management (40%)
• Write, manage and negotiate project proposals, contracts, schedules, change orders, status reports and any other necessary documents required by client, with supervisor’s approval and input.
• Schedule all client-related meetings/calls.
• Attend client meetings and calls, if appropriate
• Obtain and coordinate any necessary deliverables (content, imagery, etc) and approvals from clients throughout project.
• Issue weekly status updates, as needed, to clients.
• Proofread work to ensure accuracy of content and revisions.
Project and Staff Management (55%)
• Develop and maintain responsive internal communications and project- management process that accommodate for size/scope and strategic importance of project/client.
• Train & manage the team (especially new employees) on project management tools, processes and technology.
• Schedule, organize and lead weekly staff meeting and billing meetings.
• Create, maintain and distribute master job list for staff meeting.
• Work in partnership with Partner(s) to assign billable and non-billable projects to internal and external resources, based on skill and availability.
• Help team to manage and prioritize their time and projects daily.
• Create and distribute internal schedules and monitor/track staff and out-of-house resources to meet schedule.
• Work within project management software to access any necessary project management reports (schedules, resource allocation, project level budgets).
• Keep Supervisor informed and updated on status of project and client-related issues.
• Ensure team provides timely updates (either at the weekly meeting or daily) on changes to project scope, expectations and deliverables that may impact schedule, budgets and require change orders.
• Expedite all crisis jobs and troubleshoot, as needed.
• Help staff on sourcing, scheduling and negotiating rights and fees for all stock and commissioned images, illustrations and photo shoots.
• Assist staff with sourcing materials and production requirements.
• Assist in-house staff and out-of-house resources (e.g. printers, stock agencies, illustrators, photographers, writers).
• Approve all vendor invoices and prepare project invoices.
General Studio Responsibilities (5%)
• Review staff and contractor time sheets on a weekly basis to ensure accuracy (e.g. that both billable and non-billable time is accounted for and that time has been applied accurately and realistically to each job).
• Manage and organize sample files of work completed.
• Manage and oversee all sick, late and vacation days and monitor adherence to policies and procedures manuals.
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.