We are currently seeking a talented Senior Product/Industrial Designer, with 8+ years of experience.
If you build, tinker, construct or dabble with machines, toys, or mechanisms, have a ‘makers’ attitude and an understanding of product and packaging, you’ll fit right in.
At Prepara we design and build innovative kitchen tools, gadgets and barware. We are Award-winning; developing and innovating truly novel and beautifully, useful product.
We need a well-rounded, keen and clever designer to work within our small team. You will see your designs are produced and sold within very short lead times, so you will need the skills to accomplish this. You will be prepared to roll your sleeves up and take responsibility for moving our brand forward, with innovation, style and panache.
Your duties will include delivering and maintaining Prepara’s creative design vision; by inventing, designing and developing new product, designing packaging based upon our current graphic languages, presentation layouts, 3D inc. renderings, product photography, website updates, factory liaison and much, much more.
Prepara offers excellent compensation, Flexible hours, Summer Fridays.
A great vacation package, healthcare, and 401k. We are based in a new industrial building conversion with lots of light, in a beautiful town 17 miles West of NYC. Montclair has a stellar quality of life, easy access to MTB trails, quiet running routes, many high quality restaurants etc.
• 4 year Industrial Design Degree
• 8 plus years working as an Industrial Designer with relevant industry experience
• Design consultancy background a plus
• Designing for manufacturability (Injection molding, die cutting and assembly of packaging, etc)
• Very comfortable with Solidworks & Keyshot
• A wiz at Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and Indesign
• 3D printing & basic shop/ power tools use
• Sketching & ideation skills
• Ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines with excellent organization and time management skills
• Strong attention to detail
• Able to communicate effectively both verbally and written
• Must live locally to NJ area
To apply, please send the following by e-mail
• Resume, including cover letter
• Portfolio -PREFERENCE given to PDF under 6MB
• Soonest start date
Candidates- please only apply if your background is a really good match. No calls-Thanks.
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.