*This job is located in Wood Dale, IL.
OPTO is a leading designer and manufacturer of retail fixtures in both domestic and international markets. We believe in relentless communication, we have a passion for growth, and are obsessively focused on helping our clients be successful. We apply a creative thought process to our customer proposals, product development, and internal operations. The excitement, innovation, and passion from our team members allows us to curate the best solutions for any retail environment.
We are looking for a Senior Interior Designer:
We are looking for a Senior Designer who is creative, energetic, experienced, and passionate about design. The ideal candidate will have excellent communication skills, strong attention to detail, and a keen eye for design to create stunning spaces that exceed expectations. The ideal candidate will be career-minded, seeking an opportunity to grow professionally and assist in the overall growth of our company. Our mission is to hire individuals with a strong skillset, provide additional training, and develop employees into leaders.
The Sr. Designers main responsibility is to provide creative and technical support to customers for merchandise and display needs. As a problem solver, their contribution to the design and sales process will provide potential and existing customers with the right product solution for their projects. This process will require the execution of several tasks and services listed below. Depending on level of opportunity, client type, and custom requirements other team members and or related departments may support the process. Scope of opportunities will vary. A higher responsibility is given to the development and growth of high profile customer accounts, designer cross training, and proactive contribution in terms of departmental initiatives.
Senior Interior Designer Key Responsibilities Include:
• Design consultation
• Qualifying, establishing, and maintaining effective relationships with customers
• Maintain strong product line knowledge to match customer need with right solution
• Detailed Project Proposals that include Presentation Drawings and detailed quoting
• Understanding of - Documentation, BOMs, & Assembly Detailing
• Interdepartmental improvement recommendations and training
• Utilize professional design skills to promote and secure sales of OPTO products and services;
Senior Interior Designer Essentials Skills:
• Interest and desire to work in the behind the scenes world of the retail industry
• Exude positive attitude and enthusiasm for success and influence other with this attitude
•Technically savvy (AutoCAD, Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Suite, Power Point)
• Detail Orientated
• Strong Organizational Skills
• Excellent written and oral communication skills, ability to communicate quickly and effectively
• Ability to prioritize and manage workload
• Ability to work independently and part of a team
• Associates degree or higher in interior design
• Ability to communicate across multiple departments and managerial levels
• Ability to work successfully in a strong team environment
• Ability to quickly interpret customer need and effectively communicate appropriate design solutions both verbal & written as needed
• Ability to prioritize and work independently with minimal supervision
• Ability to multi-task and still maintain a sharp eye for detail
• Demonstrate effective stress management & time management skills
• Demonstrate willingness to continually learn about the retail industry to help OPTO grow
• Self-motivated, seeks to participate in the growth of our company
What we offer:
• A team of passionate, creative, and fun team who is dedicated to the growth of our company
• Casual office environment
• Competitive compensation and benefits package
• A diverse work experience where you can see projects come to life. Starting with the inception of projects in marketing and business development, to the concept and development in the design and engineering teams, all the way to fabrication and final delivery to our customers.
• Competitive salary and benefits package (401K-safe harbor, health care plan for employee, PTO)
• Bonus Incentive program
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Accessibility accommodation statement:
OPTO is committed to providing qualified individuals with disabilities reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of their jobs. Additionally, if you (or another applicant of whom you are aware) require assistance accessing or reading this job posting or otherwise seek assistance in the application process, please contact us!
Equal employment opportunity policy:
OPTO is an equal opportunity employer. OPTO prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Apply Here: https://www.click2apply.net/5Z7XLouYWJVJ6h4Lqsywkl