Small Planet is looking for an experienced web designer who can ramp up quickly and make an immediate contribution to an existing product team. This is a full-time, contract position that will last at least 2-3 months, with the potential for permanent employment. The position will be entirely remote, but you should be prepared to work East Coast business hours.
The right candidate will have extensive experience leading design on major website builds. You will be working closely with our designers, product managers, and developers, as well as the client design team, in an Agile environment to build out design and functionality for an e-commerce site. You should be prepared to quickly assess our existing process and requirements in order to jump right in.
CANDIDATES MUST HAVE
- An online portfolio
- 5+ years of experience designing and prototyping websites
- Fluency in Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Invision
- Familiarity and comfort editing (but not creating) code: HTML / CSS / JS
- Attention to detail, especially during design QA
- Ability to work quickly and precisely
- Clear communication skills
- Experience collaborating closely with developers, as well as other designers
- Ability to articulate and defend design rationale
- Problem-solving and delivery-oriented mindset
- Familiarity with Shopify, Github, Figma, Miro, Jira
- High fidelity prototyping with Hype, Principle, and/or Framer, etc.
- Empathy, patience, humor
In addition to your resumé and portfolio link, please include a cover email letting us know why you'd be a good fit for us here at Small Planet.
Again, we’re looking for a full-time, remote designer to join our team on a contract basis for at least 2 to 3 months.