Do the best work of your career with a holistic brand + product design team working on an end-to-end solution that advances art and humanities education worldwide.
We are seeking an experienced Senior Brand Designer who is passionate about beautiful design to play a key role in leading the vision of all our brands, pushing us into new and interesting territory.
At ITHAKA, we help make higher education and access to knowledge more affordable; we improve outcomes for students and researchers and we preserve knowledge for future generations. Our brands include:
JSTOR - a digital library for scholars, researchers, and students used in 10,000 institutions worldwide.
Artstor - a leading platform for art education that provides collections from top cultural institutions such as MoMA, the Guggenheim, and the Louvre.
Ithaka S+R - a research group that helps academic and cultural communities serve the public good.
Portico - a community-supported digital archive preserving scholarship in perpetuity.
Our brands are evolving and this is a unique opportunity to help lead the effort and influence the future of our organization and how we tell our story.
As Senior Designer, your focus will be new solutions that put the audience first. You’ll be an integral part of building and designing the ITHAKA family of brands and have the opportunity to work collaboratively with other designers, writers, developers, and marketers.
• Help lead the creative vision of the ITHAKA family of brands, with a focus on the future of JSTOR and Artstor platforms and how they work together.
• Design in a range of mediums to set the look and feel of our brands across all our touchpoints.
• Improve design, voice, and total direction of the work.
• Craft compelling narratives that communicate your ideas both in verbal and written forms.
• Use brand design to connect to the needs of the business and internal culture, and to unify our organization.
• Shepherd design projects from concept to final product, manage project timelines, and interact with stakeholders and external partners.
Experience and Skills
• An excellent visual portfolio showing creative brand design across touchpoints and digital channels.
• Up-to-date with all current web standards, and design tools and applications.
• Video and motion design experience.
• Previous experience designing for digital applications including websites, social media, and virtual events.
• Expert sense of typography, color, layout, and imagery selection to create fresh visual solutions.
• Can clearly articulate goals and objectives and set the design direction of a project.
• Works with the product designers to bring brand into the products.
• Manage multiple and competing priorities, demands, and changes to meet deadlines.
• An ability to think strategically by focusing on the user needs and business goals of a proposed solution.
• An overall approach that seeks continuous improvement, with outside influences being a regular part of informing and elevating your own work.
• A friendly, collaborative, and flexible demeanor bringing enthusiasm and energy to every initiative and a systematic approach to the design solutions.
• Experience working in the educational space
• Experience creating and working with a design system
Work for ITHAKA
We are committed to our organizational values of belonging, evidence, speed, teamwork, and trust.
Our team is passionate about our mission and supporting one another. We enjoy working together to create opportunities for people to learn and grow out in the world, and we bring that same commitment to helping our teammates develop in our careers and our lives. One of our core values is belonging. We embrace differences, and believe that the things that make each of us unique are the things that help us see new insights and build better solutions.
Interested candidates can submit their resume, a detailed cover letter, and salary requirements.