As a Color Material Finish (CMF) Designer you will engage with cross-disciplinary teams to contribute to the design process for innovative consumer products. You must be responsive, flexible and able to succeed with individual responsibilities within a collaborative peer environment.
You will be responsible for designing and developing color, materials and finishes for Lab126 consumer electronic devices from home to mobile, from product to accessory. You will deliver the CMF direction, work with the Design team and prototype suppliers on execution, and support the design process from concept through feasibility toward production. You will work within the Industrial Design organization (Industrial Design and Design Research) and work across disciplines with the Product Design (PD), Advanced Materials, Sustainability, Hardware Engineers and Program Managers, Product Managers and Operations teams to ensure the design intent is realized. In this role you will;
· Develop and drive Colors, Materials and Finishes across our diverse product portfolio to strengthen brand identity and delight the customer.
· Identify relevant trends through research, travel, forecasting tools and macro-trend & consumer insights.
· Create compelling inspiration boards and focused program palettes to inspire and align the organization on the CMF direction.
· Continually research new material technologies, emerging color & trim directions, innovative surface designs and textiles.
· Continually research new sustainable materials, applications and technologies to support the larger sustainability goals of the organization.
· Understand CMF challenges and identify solutions in executing CMF intent from concept to feasible execution for production including new process development.
· Responsible for new programs' CMF inspiration and implementation for Industrial Design.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Design, Product Design, Color and Material Design or the equivalent in professional experience with evidence of exceptional ability.
· 5+ years related experience in home, automotive, mobile consumer electronics or related industry, including a track record of taking products from concept to market.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills required for effective presentations.
· Digital portfolio required
· Proficiency with design tools, software and prototyping methods. Working knowledge of Adobe CC, Keyshot (or equivalent 3D rendering programs) and Rhino (or equivalent 3D modeling programs).
· Candidate must be able to work independently as well within team environment and excel in a dynamic hands-on corporate environment.
· Successful track record of working in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
· Ability to manage multiple activities with constant changes.
· Ability to start projects and drive to completion.
Collect your best work and submit it to the 2020 Core77 Design Awards — it will go in front of a group of the top designers practicing today, and winners will claim vast bragging rights, media attention and an amazing trophy.
Enter today to beat the looming regular deadline – March 9th!Enter the C77DA x