The Senior Creative Designer will serve as the creative lead for all projects related to integrated branding and logo development, signage to support club needs, in addition to art for merchandise (product) related programs to include packaging in order to provide tangible experiences for all stakeholders. They will also develop and maintain brand guidelines and style guides when necessary. As a member of the Creative Services and Merchandising team, this person should thrive in a client-focused environment and be able to art direct several projects at the same time. The Senior Creative Designer will focus efforts on enhancing our brand equity among the various platforms in which we play.
Essential Functions of the Job
1. Provide hands-on leadership to align creative direction, concepts and deliverables while maintaining brand consistency throughout all projects.
2. Work with fast-paced internal teams to design creative for presentations, inclusive of visualizations.
3. Demonstrate proven experience with successful multi-platform designs and project delivery.
4. Lead & Manage large-scale, high-priority campaigns for our product and platform experiences.
5. Present concepts, strategies and goals effectively to teams and Executives.
6. Identify gaps and anticipate risks; take actions to address design risks & determine solutions.
7. Lead team through multi-platform challenges/obstacles via positive creative solutions.
8. Inspire/mentor others on the merchandise team and partner with other teams within the organization.
9. Design and maintain all brand language systems, creative libraries, templates, mockups, user scenarios and experience documentation.
10. Capable of leading creative brainstorm sessions to ensure that clear vision is implemented through design thinking best practices.
11. Through research and benchmarking create and lead the efforts to define seasonal color pallets for merchandise (apparel and non-apparel)
12. Directs pattern and print development from concept to final art for merchandise (apparel and non-apparel)
13. In conjunction with the product development function, assist in the creation of high-level merchandise assortments on a seasonal basis
14. Oversees tech packs or design details which communicate all measurable design specifications for each apparel or accessory item in the assortment plan
15. Manages and maintains all CAD’s for merchandise assortments (current and past)
16. Monitors and benchmarks industry standards for graphic direction and application in order to seek continuous improvement
17. Communicates on a regular basis with suppliers both domestic and international
18. Partner with other departments within the Club to support creative needs.
19. Implement and maintain the “Creative Work Order” workflow process for all club wide creative services projects.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
• Knowledge of emerging trends for merchandise
• Maintains the protection of assets and other intellectual properties
• Occasional business travel required
• Performs all other duties, which are deemed by management to be an integral part of the job
Qualifications (required unless stated otherwise):
• Hands on team player that can work easily with multiple stakeholders including Design, Product, Business, Data & Research, Project Management, Marketing, and Communications
• Proven track record with a variety of successful design delivered across multiple platforms, with experience in multiple brands
• A desire to work in a collaborative environment
• Experience working in a fast-paced environment with multiple projects and deadlines
• Effective organizational skills
• Computer skills to include Microsoft Office programs
• Proficient in ADOBE Creative Suite, including Illustrator, Photoshop, and In Design
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Minimum of three to five years graphic design or related experience is required.
• Graphic design or design degree from an accredited university or technical equivalent.
• Continuing education and/or technical training in textiles, fashion merchandising or graphic design is preferred.
• Possess a valid driver’s license and/or successfully completes the Club’s internal motor vehicle training program
The work environment characteristics described herein are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Work for this position is usually performed in a climate-controlled environment. However, the employee may be required to work outside in extreme heat, cold, rain, wind or inclement weather as the demands of the position so dictate.
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to walk and work with hands and arms, lift up to 25 pounds and/or drive a golf cart. The employee is frequently required to talk and/or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit, sometimes for several hours at a time, and use their hands and fingers to operate a computer. The employee is constantly required to use their vision to perform an activity such as but not limited to: preparing and analyzing data and figures, viewing a computer terminal, looking at products, materials, workmanship, and extensive reading.