A cover letter is required to be considered for this position
Senior Design Strategist
Listen, learn, and lead. We are looking for an innovator who has the ability to listen to our clients, understand their needs, learn about their business, and lead our clients, our designers and engineers confidently towards meaningful paradigm shifting solutions.
Our Senior Design Strategist must be able to craft and execute immersive and thoughtful research strategies that discover unmet needs and build functional and emotional attributes to inspire meaningful design. You will need to help our clients identify knowledge gaps and work to fill them using an array of primary or secondary tools and techniques while investigating design, technology and industry trends.
You will work with the innovation, design and engineering teams to synthesize insights and articulate design opportunities. You need to be able to pick up a pencil or marker and some sticky notes, or a virtual whiteboard, and get your hands dirty as a creative member of the team, contributing ideas and guiding solutions through to the finish line.
For solutions to make in through the tough gauntlet of product development, you will need to and be able to support the team in assessing near-term and long-term market opportunities, prioritize concepts and build product roadmaps. Your role will be vital to give our clients the insights and evidence needed to move beyond hunches to confident decisions. We are looking for entrepreneurial minded individuals who are eager to grow our research and design strategy team and make a difference in the world through meaningful innovation.
• Develop projects that turn questions into research plans, design opportunities and solutions that produce meaningful long-term results for our clients
• Create market and trend investigations using primary and secondary research techniques.
• Develop meaningful human-centered insights through discovery research that uncover latent unmet needs in the market.
• Work with clients to find opportunities for business growth by analyzing the competitive landscape, stakeholder ecosystem, and industry trends.
• Help clients build innovation pathways that create product family opportunities and drive long-term growth.
• Lead clients through hypothesis, synthesis and ideation workshops.
• Deliver innovation opportunity stories with compelling graphic presentations that captures research insights, trends, and new business opportunities.
• Minimum seven years of work experience in primary and secondary research or market analysis activities such as: qualitative and quantitative research and analysis, statistical trend reporting, product usability testing, survey design, observational or ethnographic studies, focus group moderating, conducting individual interviews
• Experience with and competency in qualitative and quantitative methods and techniques; must display comprehension of the strengths and limitations of the different research methods, inclusive of when and how to apply each, based on project objectives.
• Proven, successful experience in the integration of consumer research into a business’s product design efforts.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Industrial Design, Cognitive or Social Science, Psychology, Cultural Anthropology, Information Science or other related field. A working experience of the equivalent is also acceptable for the position
• Excellent communication skills – verbal, written and graphic presentations.
• Fluent English language skills.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Creative Suite applications
• Willing and able to travel, domestically and internationally.
Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the US without sponsorship.
Due to COVID all staff is working remotely through the end of 2020.