Kiva (kiva.org) is a social impact organization on a mission to expand financial access to help underserved communities thrive. We do this through technology, global partnerships and our flagship marketplace platform to crowdfund microloans for financially underserved entrepreneurs, farmers and students around the world. Our organization combines the culture and technological passion of an internet start-up with the compassion and empathy of a non-profit to create impact and opportunity at global scale. Since 2005, we have raised more than $1.57 billion in loan capital for over 4 million borrowers in 98 countries. Our lenders fund over $10 million in loans every month. With offices in San Francisco, Portland, New York, Nairobi, and Bangkok, Kiva's team includes 100+ employees and 400+ volunteers worldwide.
Contract Role Overview
This is for a 4 - 6 month, remote contract position working for the Creative Studio at Kiva (kiva.org) - starting as soon as feasible.
As a Contract Senior Designer, you’ll partner with Kiva’s Creative Studio team. The Creative Studio designs, writes and executes marketing campaigns to drive awareness of Kiva and acquisition of new lenders.
The Senior Designer/ Contractor will work directly with the Creative Director. You’ll also work closely with other designers and writers on the Studio team, as well as cross-functionally with the Marketing and Content teams.
Key Deliverables/ Expectations:
- Develop concepts for, and design creative, as part of our Tentpole and Evergreen campaigns. - Campaign elements include email, social media posts, web and mobile UX, landing pages, and
other channels as they are needed.
- Bring to life the Kiva story and develop communications that engage consumers with emotive
design, while driving acquisition of new lenders.
- Work collaboratively with other members of the creative team.
- Absorb Kiva Brand style guide and design within those guidelines.
- Create engaging animations for campaign elements and catalog them in Google Drive.
- Work within our Project Management tool to complete tasks on time.
- Work on multiple campaigns and deliverables at once with ease.
- Regularly bring new ideas to the team, have a curious mindset, and a desire to always improve
- We are a small team, the Senior Designer Contractor needs to actively look for places to help
others and be willing to jump in on tasks when asked for help.
- Help mentor other designers on the team, providing feedback and guidance based on your
- 5-7 years of experience designing marketing creative at an agency or in-house creative
- Ability to decipher a brief and convert that into compelling, succinct designs/ concepts.
- Experience with documentary-style/human-centric storytelling creative/ emotive design.
- A clear understanding of advertising/marketing/ direct response design best practices.
- Experience with designing a variety of channels - social, email, website, mobile, landing pages
with a thorough understanding of best practices.
- Strong proficiency in designing in Figma.
- Experience using Google Suite.
- A curious nature (ask questions and learn).
- Ideally 30-40 hrs/week with some flexibility.
What Kiva Offers Contractors:
- A competitive hourly rate paid on a monthly billing cycle.
- Fully remote working, anywhere within the U.S.
- An opportunity to improve real lives, solve hard problems, and change the world.
- Friendly, supportive, and adventurous environment with a team of engaged colleagues.
- Opportunities to connect with and learn from colleagues and partners around the world.
- Kiva is a diverse and inclusive workplace where learning from each other is an integral part of - - Kiva's culture. We actively welcome contractors of different backgrounds, experiences,
abilities, and perspectives.
- We will only accept applications directly from contractor candidates. Kiva will not be
responsible for any recruiting agency fees, absent a formal agreement.
- Please submit a resume or LinkedIn (or other) profile that showcases your work history and
- Please include samples of relevant work that you have done - samples that showcase how you
would be a good fit for working on Kiva campaigns.