Cocktail Academy was founded in the LA Arts District in 2014 by a team of hospitality forward-thinkers who wanted to help shape cocktail culture for tomorrow's consumer through engaging education and the most artistic, personalized, cocktail experiences imaginable. Cocktail Academy leverages an extensive background in every sector of the food and beverage service industry to facilitate premier guest experiences, offering valuable insight into modern-day consumers’ cravings. Immersed in cocktail culture, Cocktail Academy has become a trusted ambassador for global brands, fostering authentic engagement through education and creative activation.
We are looking for a Senior Designer to join our team and be a leading creative voice for the agency. You will be responsible for managing our design team and overseeing all design projects and creative output. With experience in experiential, packaging, and/or product design - in this role you will be leading projects ranging in scale from cocktail kits through large experiential activations. Projects include a diverse array of deliverables from digital & printed graphics (menus, packaging, small & large format signage etc), and 3D elements such as custom bar carts and cocktail kits, through experiential build-outs which could be anything from a mobile truck to a custom bar / lounge space and beyond. If you’re passionate about design and eager to learn more, we’d like to meet you.
WHAT YOU’ll DO
- Provide creative direction and oversight for all projects throughout agency
- Oversee a team of full-time and freelance designers
- Manage projects from pitch through execution (design, logistics, production)
- Present to clients alongside CA leaders
- Establish and maintain vendor relationships
- Create timelines, schedules, budgets
- Produce visuals for pitches and creative decks including mood boards, 3D modeling,
perspective renderings, 2D mock-ups
- Source barware, decor, scenic props etc.
- Produce print files for production
- Annotate drawings for production and fabrication
WHO YOU ARE
- A passionate self-starter who is extremely organized
- Resourceful, quick, and able to collaborate at all levels
- Interested in storytelling and brand strategy
- A relentless problem-solver
WHAT YOU POSSESS
- 4-6 years of experience as a designer in-house or at an agency within packaging design, experiential design and/or product design
- Strong 2D + 3D skills working within SketchUp and Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
- Experience with development & production (e.g. prototyping and fabrication)
- Teamwork skills
- A sharp eye for detail
- Time management and multitasking abilities
- BSc/BA in Design or a related field
- Based in LA or open to moving to LA
Please visit www.cocktailacademy.com to view our work.
To apply, please send your resume and a link to your work/portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate SR DESIGNER in the subject heading.