ThinkShout, a digital-first agency that primarily serves nonprofits and advocacy organizations—including leaders like the Southern Poverty Law Center, the Humane Society of the United States, the World Resources Institute, and Demos—seeks a Senior Designer to lead our team, inspire our clients, and engage our community. Your creative work and approach must be demonstrably rooted in anti-racist practices, and your experience, either lived or professional or both, should show a strong commitment to justice of all kinds.
Our designers weave iconography, typography, color, space and texture together to help our clients’ websites stand out. Your work is beautiful and accessible. User experience is at the forefront of how we create intuitive, innovative, and inspiring communication.
As a Senior Designer, you’ll create designs for our clients’ websites that inspire, engage and excite. You’ll rely on user-centered design principles to produce high-quality visuals—from concept to execution—across many platforms. You’ll collaborate with fellow designers and departments to create innovative design solutions that attract a wider audience and great bigger impact for our clients.
What We’re Looking For:
- 5-7 years of relevant industry experience; must have at least 1 year of website design experience
- Experience designing across multiple platforms
- Portfolio highlighting a breadth of projects
- Experience collaborating with teams of designers, developers, strategists and project managers throughout the design process; creating user flows and wireframes to building user interface mockups and prototypes for clients’ websites
- Experience working with existing brands and design systems in order to maintain ThinkShout’s brand voice and visual identity
- Ability to apply design expertise to help pitch for new clients and craft proposals
- Collaboration with the Director of Design and Creative Director in order to support large-scale projects
- Ability to ideate from scratch with a user-centered design process
- Excellent problem-solving skills and familiarity with technical constraints and limitations as they apply to designing for platforms such as desktop and mobile (i.e. Android and iOS)
- Advanced level of proficiency with design programs including Sketch and Adobe Creative Suite
- Knowledge of how designs are applied in HTML and CSS
How You’ll Spend Your Time
- Full Service Offerings: You’ll build and maintain creative offerings for ThinkShout’s client work which could include any design deliverable within a client’s ecosystem, eg, expand an existing brand, create wireframes, develop creative direction, expand social assets, and even ranging into print.
- Innovation: You’ll pinpoint, ideate, and bring innovative design solutions to the table whenever possible.
- Client Design Work: You’ll execute design for our extensive roster of clients and support our team on production.
- Management & Cultivation: You’ll pay close attention to what creative team members need to be successful and provide support where needed. You’ll oversee digital projects for the company, and work with our design team to consistently move ThinkShout forward in our mission of building a curious, transparent, inclusive, optimistic, and compassionate company. You’ll celebrate growth and offer constructive feedback that is foundational to a trusting, transparent, and caring team.
The Fine Print
Our home office is in Portland, OR. Due to COVID-19, at this time our office will remain closed at least through Spring 2021 and our entire team is working remotely. Candidates from outside of Portland, OR are welcome to apply. We have a strong focus on work/life balance with a flexible office hours policy.
The salary band for this position is $78-98k. In addition, we offer a comprehensive benefits package, including:
- Health insurance with dental, vision, and alternative care
- Company funded Health Reimbursement Account
- Matching 401k
- Life insurance and short term disability insurance
- Paid Family and Medical Leave
- 31 days of PTO annually, including holidays
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of service
- Professional development funds
ThinkShout is committed to fostering, cultivating and preserving a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion. A diverse workplace strengthens the work of all employees, ensures that the organization has the strongest staff possible, and enables all employees to collectively and more completely pursue the fulfillment of our mission, vision, and values. ThinkShout is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all individuals.
Please apply at: https://thinkshout.com/careers/
Please submit a resume (no more than 2 pages) in PDF format and if applicable, include links to your online presence, portfolio, or personal website. We request that you do not submit a cover letter. In its place, we have a few questions for you to answer in the job application. These questions will help us learn more about you and is an integral component of the interview process.
Please note that candidates must be eligible to work in the United States.