Scathain is an industry leading design and build firm based in downtown Milwaukee.
Our mission is to exceed customer expectations in the design and production of exclusive, creative solutions. We specialize in custom pieces of casework, millwork, metalwork, furniture, and art for a wide range of clients.
We are currently looking to fill the role of Senior Drafter. Our ideal candidate is someone who can deliver quality work and push the boundaries of contemporary design. We are looking for a creative problem solver with a high attention to detail and excellent technical drawing skills. Someone with a strong knowledge of wood and metal fabrication who can take a napkin sketch and turn it into a detailed shop drawing. Flexibility is key as projects can range from a system of high-end cabinets, specialty millwork/cladding, or a custom one-off furniture piece.
- Work collaboratively with designers, architects, and wood/metal fabricators to bring conceptual designs into detailed shop drawings for fabrication
- Prepare manufacturing drawings for vendors, trades, and permitting
- Develop bill of materials and source hardware
- Ensure that build drawings accurately adhere to scope and contain all pertinent information
- Problem solve, troubleshoot, and redline build drawings
- Conduct site visits to verify dimensions and assess site conditions
- Monitor time budgets and schedules as they relate to company goals and priorities
- Assist in training and checking work of other designers
- Experience with architectural plans and familiarity with casework, millwork, and furniture shop drawings
- 3 to 5 years of 3D modeling and technical drafting in a professional setting (Rhino preferred)
- Highly organized with strong time management and communication skills
- Degree in Interior Design, Architecture, Engineering, or relevant industry experience
- Build experience critical
- Willingness and ability to learn new 3D design software and workflows
- Willing to relocate to Milwaukee area if not already local
To apply please send a resume and portfolio of drawing samples in a pdf format not to exceed 10mb to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Sr. Drafter Position” in the subject line.