Delve's Madison, WI team is looking for highly motivated senior-level industrial designer looking to push their creativity, careers, clients, and teams forward.
You are a person with creative vision and design leadership; you have a relentless passion for teamwork and embracing uncertainty while working on projects that traverse various industries. Whether it is expanding our user-centered methods, investigating material and manufacturing methods, or applying emerging technologies, we are looking for industrial designers that have a passion for driving change and crafting a better future.
In this role you will be responsible for:
• Design leadership with clients and within internal teams
• Identifying or translating relevant insights into compelling design solutions.
• Guiding strategic product vision, leading design processes, and delivering creative outcomes.
• Contributing to cross-functional collaboration through all phases of the design process from insights gathering to manufacturing ready deliverables.
• Generating world-class tangible deliverables, including concept sketching and CAD rendering.
• Providing creative vision, confidence, and design leadership for both client and internal teams.
• Developing innovative solutions across physical products and connected product experiences.
• Serving as the Project Manager on projects ensuring client satisfaction, overall project success, and building client relationships.
• Mentor junior design staff and explore new design methods.
If our priorities below are a good match, we would love to talk with you! We encourage applicants of color and those with diverse lived experiences to apply.
• Eight years of professional design experience
• Fluid concept generation and detailed execution skills
• Experience working within a consulting / agency environment
• Expert level sketching, prototyping, Adobe, and CAD skills
• You communicate with ease in both written and verbal formats.
• Background in human-centered, iterative, and collaborative design.
• An ability to tell complex product stories in media including video and animation.
• Strong knowledge of materials and manufacturing
• Passion for learning new design tools and methods
• An interest in an area such as Sustainability, emerging technologies, or CMF.
• Passionate about design, both historical context, and current trends.
• A natural collaborator, with the ability to work alongside experts (in interaction design, human factors, mechanical engineering, insights, strategy) in an iterative fashion.
• A natural presenter and communicator (visual, verbal, written), both virtually and in-person
• Experienced designing medical devices/healthcare or other equivalent complex & technical space.
• 8+ years of Industrial Design experience
• Experience leading design teams and design projects.
• Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Design or related professional degree
If this opportunity matches your skills and career goals, send the following to: email@example.com.
• Cover letter
• Sample portfolio of relevant professional work
We will begin reviewing applicant submissions February 10th.