We’re seeking an experienced Industrial Designer self-driven to do great work in a fun and flexible design consultancy environment. While this position is highly selective in terms of talent and ability, it is most suited to candidates who are self-motivated to do great work regardless of the client, project, or day of the week. Our new team member will share our grit and determination to define our own creative careers.
Seniority in this role implies a high level of proficiency and prior experience in the technical, interpersonal, and communication skills required to produce top-quality work in our industry. Our firm relies on the SID role to stay current on industry trends, emergent techniques and software, and to lead our Staff and Junior ID team members by their example.
• A self-starter eager to contribute their vision and creative execution through work with our core staff in Raleigh.
• An inspired, creative thinker with well-organized ability to manage their own tasks and build their own career.
• A rejector of big corporate structure, meetings about meetings, and the blame game.
• A perpetual student of styling, process, and technology.
• A practical understanding of project requirements and their translation into design intent
• Proven creative project execution and successful transition to production processes
• Coordination with internal team members, contractors, vendors, and other industry partners
• Proficiency in design research, user profiling, and reference collection
• Proficiency in ideation sketching and other visualization techniques
• Proficiency in 3D CAD software
• Command of digital & physical tools of the Industrial Design field
• Excellent organizational habits and abilities
• Interest and desire to mentor and guide others
• Aptitude in on-the-fly decision-making and problem-solving
• Participation in travel for client meetings, industry events, and company outings
NICE TO HAVE:
• Knowledge and experience of CNC programming and operation
• Knowledge and interest in rapid prototyping and fabrication (3D printing, mold creation)
• Proficiency in UI/UX, user research or design strategy
Candidates must be willing to master a variety of tasks from participating in design research, early conceptualization and mechanism brainstorming to detailed part design and manufacturing preparation. You will be working alongside our ID and Brand teams in collaboration on most projects, and will foster your advancement by managing projects of your own.
We require submission of your résumé, cover letter, and a strong portfolio of your best work in product ideation, modeling, rendering, fabrication, and most importantly, your design process. Please send these items to email@example.com.
Portfolios should be a link to an online collection of work, or a PDF less than 25MB.
Please send your résumé, cover letter, and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org.
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.