WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
School House is looking for a senior industrial designer to ideate, create, and lead multi-scale retail projects in collaboration with our studio’s multidisciplinary team. Our projects encompass various scales of retail, fixture, visual merchandising and experience design. In this role, you will be involved in all stages of the creative process, from strategy and concept development to execution and production.
Retail (bonus points for retail in the beauty industry) or Visual Merchandising experience as well as technical experience issuing design specification drawings & redlining vendor drawings is required for this position.
We are looking for individuals that have previous experience in Beauty and Wellness environment and understand nuances and requirements of the industry and specific retailers, such as Sephora and Ulta.
WE NEED YOU TO:
• Flex design capabilities across a range of scales and disciplines: prior School House work has ranged in scale from retail architecture to packaging design
• Maintain a clear understanding of project objective from ideation to completion
• Employ a user-centered approach, with an eye for emerging consumer experience trends
• Be autonomous in time and project management
• Have the ability to prioritize and effectively manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
• Maintain consistent and open communication with internal team, clients, and external contractors on project status and needs
• Negotiate and manage outside vendors as needed
• Contribute to the collaborative and supportive culture of SH
• Have openness and a desire to learn and grow
IN ORDER TO SUCCEED IN THIS ROLE, YOU NEED:
• 5+ professional design experience
• 2+ years of professional beauty retail, display design or visual merchandising experience
• Strong knowledge of design, scale, materials and fabrication/manufacturing techniques
• Proficiency in creating and reviewing shop/construction drawings
• Proficiency in 3D design software: knowledge of Rhinoceros is required
• Proficiency in rendering software: knowledge of Keyshot is encouraged
• Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite
• Prior agency experience is encouraged
• Ensure high standards and quality assurance across all work produced so that it is cohesive, consistent, and brand aligned
• Ability to multitask and manage several projects simultaneously
• A constant evaluation of internal processes to identify and recommend improvements
• Personal interest in beauty, wellness, and lifestyle
Full medical, dental and vision benefits
Quarterly beauty stipend
Yearly growth stipend
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.