We are looking for motivated and talented industrial designers to join our growing award-winning Experience Design team at SharkNinja. As a Senior Industrial Designer, you will lead design activities from concept development to product realization and collaborate with a team of designers, engineers and marketeers to create and deliver innovative, human-centered product experiences for the home that delight consumers and drive business results.
SharkNinja Experience Design is a newly formed team and we are in the process of building a world-class internal design studio that consists of industrial designers, UI designers, CMF specialists and design strategists working across our Shark and Ninja brands.
Please provide a copy of your resume and a link to your portfolio.
• A human-centered design approach to translate consumer insights into meaningful product solutions that will delight consumers both on an emotional/experiential and functional level.
• Understand SharkNinja's brands in order to help define the company’s future product development strategies.
• High level of knowledge and understanding of bringing products from concept to production and ability to navigate through engineering and cost constraints to achieve the best possible quality outcomes.
• Create visual and functional prototypes for research and internal review.
• Challenge assumptions and think innovatively to solve complex problems creatively.
• Communicate design intent to factories by creating Technical ID Specifications detailing fit, finishes, color, graphics, etc.
• Maintain quality assurance standards for design and color integrity throughout the product lifecycle.
• Have knowledge of current trends, materials and innovations within the design and small appliances.
• Explore new market opportunities and portfolio propositions.
• Collaborate with Engineering and Product Marketing to innovate, design and implement simple and elegant design solutions.
• Additional duties as requested by management team.
Attrbutes and Skills
• A holistic approach to Product Design that expands beyond the product features to include the experiential attributes that engage all human senses.
• A Design Thinking mindset and passion to design products that capture the minds and hearts of consumers.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment.
• Ability to juggle multiple projects at once, last minute requests and quick turnarounds with a positive attitude.
• Strong detail orientation with proven ability to work quickly without compromising quality.
• Strong analytical ability with proven strength in suggesting creative solutions and innovative ideas.
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision or guidance.
• A strong, original portfolio of creative work that clearly demonstrates a product development process as well as a clear sketching technique- suitable for executive presentation.
• Strong understanding of mechanical engineering and part design.
• Ability to deliver clear CAD to Engineering and Manufacturing.
• Knowledge of full User Experience (from out-of-box experience to embedded UI controls).
• Ability to receive feedback with an open-minded manner and do the same to others.
• Strong team player.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Design.
• 5+ years of experience working as a designer in small appliances, consumer electronics, medical, or a related field.
• 2D skills via sketching, Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, etc.
• Proficiency with CAD- Rhino or Solidworks and 3D rendering programs like Keyshot required.
• Samples of work and/or portfolio will be required.