Design2Gather is an industrial product design studio in Shanghai. Our main expertise is in kitchenware: cookware, drinkware, electronic kitchen appliances, etc.
We are looking for a senior industrial designer with a minimum of 5 years relevant work experience who is able to execute market- and user researches, create innovative design solutions and lead a small but growing design team.
Key tasks include but are not limited to:
- Participate in the full end-to-end product development from research and early ideation, to product refinement, development and launch.
- Lead and execute market and user research to define clear project opportunities.
- Create ideas and concepts based on the research insights.
- Make client presentations of the created work (by you and other team members).
- Work out detailed concepts defining technical solutions, color, finish and materials.
- Support the development process by preparing 3D files which can be prototyped to test the essential features of the product.
- Communicate all details of the product with the engineers who will prepare the designs for mass production.
- Work alongside other designers (currently 2) and coach them to deliver high-end work aligned with the studio’s DNA.
Skills and attributes (required)
- Bachelor or masters degree in Industrial design, product design, or a similar educational background.
- Up to date know how about kitchenware categories.
- Strong portfolio demonstrating your approach, ideation and execution, not just the end result.
- Self-motivated and excellent management of time and goals.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Be strategic and hands on.
- Experience in market research and user studies.
- Ability to lead clients and project towards a well defined goal.
- Excellent 2D and 3D visualization skills.
- High proficiency in 3D CAD (preferably Fusion 360) and rendering software.
- Strong affinity with color, material, finish and form.
- Great communication skills to present the work to clients.
- Willingness to teach and support other staff members.
- Strong English communication skills.
Skills and attributes (beneficial)
- Experience in embodiment design (you can identify yourself with this value if you are a prototype geek who makes 30 prototypes a day to get the correct fit of 2 parts right)
- Writing and/or speaking skills in Chinese (mandarin)
- Enjoys having some Friday-afternoon-drinks with us!
What is in it for you
- A dynamic working environment in one of the biggest and most vibrant cities in the world, Shanghai.
- Lots of freedom and a big responsibility due to direct contact with clients (retailers and manufacturers) all around the world.
- Involvement in strategic decision for the development of the company.
- The opportunity to gain international design awards and the possibility to see your designs in production at a worldwide scale.
- Deep involvement in different areas related to product design for a successful market launch.
Please send a PDF copy of your CV and portfolio in English (PDF portfolio should be no larger than 15MB)