Collaborate with Innovative 3Mers Around the World
Choosing where to start and grow your career has a major impact on your professional and personal life, so it’s equally important you know that the company that you choose to work at, and its leaders, will support and guide you. With a diversity of people, global locations, technologies and products, 3M is a place where you can collaborate with 93,000 other curious, creative 3Mers.
“We are a community of creative explorers on an inspiring design journey at 3M. Together, we are passionate about insights-driven innovation, creating meaningful brand experiences for people and the world.” – Eric Quint, vice president, chief brand and design officer at 3M
This position provides an opportunity to transition from other private, public, government or military environments to a 3M career.
The Impact You’ll Make in this Role
As a Senior Interaction Designer with 3M’s Health Information Systems Division located in either Murray, UT or Maplewood, MN, you will have the opportunity to tap into your curiosity and collaborate with some of the most innovative and diverse people around the world.
Here, you will make an impact by:
- Defining key interface behaviors through experience models, personas, storyboards, site maps, flow diagrams, wireframes, mockups, and interactive prototypes.
- Building design artifacts necessary to conduct concept and usability testing.
- Evaluating different interaction choices based on feedback and iterative testing, refining shared interaction patterns and design guidelines.
- Supporting multiple new design programs, redesign efforts, or continuous improvement projects in a dynamic, diverse environment while meeting tight deadlines.
- Collaborating with other design disciplines to craft human-centered solutions that drive better outcomes in healthcare.
Your Skills and Expertise
To set you up for success in this role from day one, 3M is looking for candidates who must have the following qualifications:
- Possess a Bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited university (Completed and verified prior to start) in Human Computer Interaction (HCI), interaction design, user experience design, digital media design, graphic design or industrial design.
- Two (2) years experience design work in interaction, user interface, or product design for digital products in a private, public, or military environment.
Additional qualifications that could help you succeed even further in this role include:
- M.S. in Design Strategy, Interaction Design, Human Computer Interaction or a related field or equivalent practical experience.
- 5-7 years of experience as an interaction designer (e.g. UX Designer, UI Designer, Product Designer).
- Experience designing complex and/or task-based applications, including the ability to visualize data and complex concepts.
- Experience with design research techniques (e.g. interviews, workshops, contextual inquiry, usability testing, card sorting).
- Ability to create interactive design prototypes using tools such as Axure, Sketch, Adobe XD, or HTML/JS/CSS.
Please attach a file or include a link to a non-confidential portfolio of design work along with your application.
Location: Murray, UT or Maplewood, MN
Travel: May include up to 10%
Relocation Assistance: May be authorized
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status).
Supporting Your Well-being
3M offers many programs to help you live your best life – both physically and financially. To ensure competitive pay and benefits, 3M regularly benchmarks with other companies that are comparable in size and scope.
Resources for You
For more details on what happens before, during and after the interview process, check out the Insights for Candidates page at 3M.com/careers.
For more information about 3M Design, visit www.3M.com/design or follow @3MDesign on Twitter.
Learn more about 3M’s creative solutions to the world’s problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M.
3M is an equal opportunity employer. 3M will not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status.
Please note: your application may not be considered if you do not provide your education and work history, either by: 1) uploading a resume, or 2) entering the information into the application fields directly.
Please access the linked document by clicking here, select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.
Collect your best work and submit it to the 2020 Core77 Design Awards — it will go in front of a group of the top designers practicing today, and winners will claim vast bragging rights, media attention and an amazing trophy.
Enter today to beat the looming regular deadline – March 9th!Enter the C77DA x