Use your design superpowers for good! Design lifesaving products! We are one of the world's leading medical technology companies and together with our customers are driven to make healthcare better. We offer innovative products and services in the areas of medicine, orthopedics, surgical, neurotechnology, spine, and emergency care that help improve patient and hospital outcomes.
This Senior Interaction Designer role works with a multi-disciplinary product design and development team in Stryker’s Emergency Care group, working on GUI for embedded software in heart defibrillators and other devices. This role will be within the Emergency Care's User Experience Design group consisting of a multi-disciplinary team of industrial Designers, Interaction Designers, and Human Factors Engineers working on connected medical devices and software. This is a rewarding opportunity and privilege to design products that truly make a difference in someone’s life!
As an Interaction Designer at Stryker, you’ll be working in a highly collaborative environment in the rigors and discipline of medical device design. Your work will involve defining, designing, and developing user interactions for software and physical devices.
You will be involved in user research, getting to know our users through field observations and advisory group sessions. You will work with a team consisting of various disciplines—marketing, human factors, clinical, software developers, hardware engineers, among others.
This position requires proven experience in interaction design of software/apps, physical/hardware products and devices (medical devices, a plus!); a strong knowledge of user-centered processes and experience building products from concept to launch. Qualified candidates will be required to design by balancing user needs, technical feasibility, and business goals to deliver compelling product experiences.
• BA/BS in Design (interaction, visual communication, graphic, product, industrial) or related discipline OR Associates in related discipline +10 years of experience
• Minimum 3-5 years professional experience as an IxD, UX or UI designer developing medical device related software applications and interfaces highly preferred.
PREFERRED SKILL SET/WORK EXPERIENCE:
• Ability to verbally and visually present concepts using sketches, diagrams, simulations, etc.
• Proficient with interface design and prototyping tools such as Adobe XD, Figma, Axure, etc, and collaboration tools like JIRA, Confluence, and Office 365.
• Strong communication skills and proven effectiveness collaborating in teams.
• Experience in design research and user testing methodologies.
• Design, develop and document user interface design, including screen layout and navigation, user interface functionality, user notifications and alerts, keypad layouts and symbols.
• Define interaction design requirements based on high level product requirements.
• Generate visual designs and apply brand attributes for elements of an interface system.
• Create user interface simulations and prototypes for evaluation, validation, and testing.
• Specify sounds, tones and voice prompts that meet product and regulatory requirements.
• Support design implementation by the engineering development teams.
• Conduct user interface assessments and audits.
• Participate in user research, user observations, and contextual interviews.
• Conduct competitive analysis of other devices and systems.
• Own project plans and schedules for interaction design tasks and activities.
• Perform other related duties as assigned.
• Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job.
• Must be willing/able to work out of our office located in Redmond, WA. No relocation compensation.
• Any offer of employment is contingent upon completion of a background check.
Click on the button below and/or email your resume (pdf or link) to Christopher Alviar at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Know someone at Stryker?
Be sure to have them submit you as a referral prior to applying for this position. Learn more about our employee referral program at https://careers.stryker.com/referrals/