Location: New Bremen, OH, US, 45869
Crown Equipment Corporation is one of the world’s largest material handling companies, with a reputation for award-winning product design, advanced engineering and technology, and superior after-sale service. Crown produces a broad range of forklifts, automation, and fleet management technologies that are revolutionizing the material-handling industry.
Lead the process of UX/UI product development for new and innovative equipment interface product experiences. Work with minimal supervision to execute on all phases of the product development process including planning, research, conceptualization, and content creation. Interface with leaders within Design and other key departments such as Engineering, Service, Marketing, and Sales. This position reports to the User Experience (UX) Interaction Design Manager.
- Design Research, Analysis, and Documentation - Work with peers in Engineering and Design Research to plan, facilitate, and document research learnings to understand customer needs and drive product development. Prototype new digital user experiences. Conduct user testing to gather input on the product experience. Draft project plans that include clear research goals, schedules, periodic milestones, and defined deliverables. Document and present findings for cross-department and stakeholder consumption. Align with international Design & Engineering teams (Germany, New Zealand, & China).
- Conceptual Design and Innovation - Assist in leading the development of solutions that incorporate a high degree of product innovation, differentiating value, and competitive advantage. Communicate design concepts and themes to project stakeholders through research analysis, narrative description/wireframing, design mockups, and prototypes.
- Project Management - Manage projects, tasks, and cross-department communication to ensure deliverables are met. Collaborate with team members to prepare and present project work. Work closely with UX Interaction Design Manager and Product Development counterparts to ensure project objectives are clearly defined and understood.
- Miscellaneous - Assist Design leadership with any Interaction Design issues that need attention, engaging Visual Design and/or Design Research. Stay current on advancements in the design field, design trends, or related fields. Build relationships with stakeholders and development teams in support of worldwide products and services. Attend trade shows, professional events, and read periodicals relative to the field. Support material submission for design competitions. Support Legal with patent issues. Participate and hold membership in professional organizations. Perform other duties as assigned.
Visit YouTube to learn more about
Crown Gena Operating System Touchscreen Display
Onsite Work: This position works mostly onsite so a reasonable commute is necessary. Relocation assistance may be offered.
Related Terms: IxD, Interactive Designer, UI UX Designer
- Associate degree in the field of Interaction Design, Human-Computer Interaction, Interactive Media Studies, Visual Design, Industrial Design or related
- 5 years of interaction design experience (salary will be commensurate with experience)
- Good skills in communication, planning, and product development
Ability to plan projects and research activities while applying the most contemporary design methods to conceptualization, prototyping and implementation, supported by a well-developed knowledge of technology
- Work samples must exhibit strong skills in visual design, conceptual thinking, and creative problem solving -- Include portfolio link with application
- Ability to frequently travel with overnight stays (6-20%) and valid passport
- Reliable transportation to travel locally between company locations during scheduled workday
Bachelor degree in the field of Interaction Design, Human-Computer Interaction, Interactive Media Studies, Visual Design, Industrial Design or related
Successful experience in all phases of software product development
Crown will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
No agency calls please.
Compensation and Benefits:
Crown offers an excellent wage and benefits package for full-time employees including Health/Dental/Vision/Prescription Drug Plan, Flexible Benefits Plan, 401K Retirement Savings Plan, Life and Disability Benefits, Paid Holidays, Paid Vacation, Tuition Reimbursement, and much more.
EO/AA Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled