Award-winning international design studio seeks talented Senior Interior Designer / Interior Architect for a position in our LA studio!
We invite you to apply and look forward to reviewing your resume and portfolio.
What we are looking for:
Our Beverly Hills studio is seeking a talented Senior Interior Designer / Interior Architect with a background in high-quality design across hospitality, commercial development and luxury residential, to join a talented, boutique and fast-growing studio. The opportunity is to lead a team taking ownership over a range of high-quality design projects working closely with the Director of Interior Design and Co-founder.
The ideal candidate could either have an interior design or architectural background with the proven ability to run projects from concept to completion supported by a team. This candidate will work closely with a team of skilled designers and is expected to have a ‘hands-on’ approach whilst utilizing their project planning and resourcing skills to ensure tasks are completed with their team. Prior experience of coordinating with an AOR and outsourcing drawings packages would be an advantage.
In time, the candidate upon successfully demonstrating an aptitude for delivering within the role would have the opportunity to progress to Design Associate.
· Working accurately to a written or verbal brief, , outlining the deliverable on each phase
and scope of works.
· Leading a team to complete all phases of a project from concept to completion
Produce, as part of a team, Interior Design Presentations
· Manage, as part of a team, cohesive design development packages including drawings, schedules, and specifications (note MAWD always works with an independent AOR).
· Coordinate with architects and outside consultants throughout all project phases
· Review AOR’s drawings, shop drawings, and submittals to ensure design intent is achieved
· Maintaining and inspiring creativity
Bachelor of Fine Arts (BFA), a BFA in Interior Design, BSc in Interior Design, Architectural Degree or similar, with a minimum of 8+ years’ post-graduate
· Experienced in working in all phases of a project from concept to completion
· Needs to have diverse skill sets – Ability to design, prepare presentations, space plan,
and schedule & manage a detailed drawing set with a team
· Knowledge of Photoshop, InDesign, and AutoCAD - Sketch Up and Blue Beam not essential but beneficial
· Comfortable developing interior concepts into a design presentation
· Proven ability to pull together a cohesive drawing set and guide more junior designers
through the process
· Understanding of construction details (prepared by others) and ability to review shop
drawings and submittals
· Competent in producing material, plumbing fixtures, hardware, and lighting schedules
· An understanding of FF&E specifications
· Strong communication skills both with internal team and outside consultants, clients,
· Understanding of basic US codes
· Self-motivated with the ability to manage time to meet deadlines
· Exceptional attention to detail
· Mature, responsible, and reliable, positive attitude, team player with a hands-on
· Private Medical Health Cover
· WFH Policy
· Generous 15 days’ vacation in addition to usual Public Holidays
· 1 extra day vacation for employee’s birthday
· Additional paid vacation for days between Christmas and New Year
· Parking subsidy provided
Remuneration is dependent on experience
Please provide resume and portfolio.