RPG, a leading boutique design firm of specialty retail environments, is seeking a senior level Retail Designer for our office located in Manhattan. We have a very diverse client base of innovative start-ups and established luxury brand retail projects in fashion, beauty, jewelry, and hospitality. Projects range in scale from small branded shop-in-shops to free-standing retail environments. Our clients come to us for our unique creative approach, retail insights, boutique level guidance and the ability to produce what we design.
We are seeking a candidate with an Interior Designer or Architectural degree with a minimum of 5 years experience designing retail environment. Self-motivated candidates who want to work on a wide variety of retail projects from design through implementation, are encouraged to apply. Candidates must be knowledgeable in the technical aspects of the practice of retail design and construction, adept at construction detailing, have field experience, and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment on multiple projects in varying stages as part of a project team and also individually.
We are a team of dedicated and creative professionals committed to collaborative problem solving and design excellence. The ability to thrive in a fast-paced, team-driven culture is required. We are looking for individuals with a passion for creative design, the customer journey and lifestyle-driven solutions.
• Conceptualize and design retail environments
• Lead design project and concept presentations
• Create mood and vision boards
• Research brand and consumer trends on a per-project basis
• Prepare design control drawings for development team
• Collaborate with production management team to bring design to execution
• Strong aesthetic sensibility and able to visually communicate through sketches, renderings and presentations
• Solid experience in interior space planning, sourcing and specifying FF&E and finishes
• Proficient in developing schematic plans and design documentation sets for a variety of large and small projects
• Self-motivated with ability to multitask and work efficiently under tight timelines
• Proficient in AutoCad and/or Vectorworks, SketchUp, Adobe Creative Suite.
• Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work with people at all levels
• Able to work efficiently under tight timelines
• Degree in Interior Design or design equivalent
• 5-7 years plus of professional experience, preferably in retail design
This is a permanent salaried position. Position includes benefits.
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.