Senior Mechanical Engineer
ThreeSixty Group is a Global Brand Consortium Headquartered in Irvine California. We develop products and solutions in the fields of Technology, Toys, Child development and Women’s and Men’s Lifestyle. Our brands include FAO Schwarz, Sharper Image, Vornado, Discovery and Refinery. The company is located the new, purpose built, Research and Development campus in Irvine, California. The new campus employs over 100 individuals and is situated in the heart of the developing Southern California tech community, just under 10 miles from the beach. The company also has locations in New York, Dallas, Hong Kong and several offices through China.
This is a unique opportunity to join a small, newly founded innovation focused department in our Irvine R&D facility. We are looking for a highly experienced creative and innovative mechanical engineer to help us develop ground up innovative products across multiple product categories and brands. The applicant should have a Degree in Mechanical Engineering, with an emphasis in product design. We are looking for a minimum of five years’ experience in the field of consumer electronics, or related. In regard to professional approach, the applicant should not see complex challenges as the end of the road but get excited at the prospect of a problem to be solved.
The scope of the position; concepting with our award-winning ID team, responsible for proof of concepting and prototyping, realization and quality control with our manufacturing partners. To achieve this, the applicant should be self-driven, have good time management practices, work well in teams and have strong presentations skills. All applicants should be fluent in 3D CAD generation.
Applicants are requested to submit a resume and either attach a presentation or a link to a website showing examples of their work.
Responsibilities, Competencies & Qualifications
• Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering.
• 5+ years’ professional experience in relative field.
• Highly proficient in SolidWorks + Knowledge of complex surfacing techniques.
• Knowledge of volume manufacturing processes.
• Educated in materials selection and Finite Element Analysis (FEA).
• Experience completing Bill of Materials / Recommended Assembly Methods for the Manufacturer
• Tooling Plan Development (injection molded parts)
• Experience in developing mechanisms, prototypes and plastic printing.
• Work closely with the ID team to vet and validate concepts.
• Excellent critical thinker and creative problem solver.
• Good verbal, visual and written communication skills.
• Collaboration with design, marketing, merchandising and project related cross functional teams.
• Manage communications with manufacturing partners.
• Travel when needed to our manufacturing partners (Asia).
• Highly self-motivated.