PRIMARY EMPLOYMENT OBJECTIVES
The Senior Product Designer will actively participate in the entire design process; establishing the design brief, searching for design trends and user insight, participate in and facilitate brainstorming sessions, and create sketches and mock-ups to demonstrate new ideas. They will maintain a focus on the end user and incorporate Human Factors/Human Systems Integration into the design considerations. The Senior Product Designer will explore new and emerging areas or technology in a wide range of disciplines while taking account of technical constraints and limitations to propose concepts suitable for manufacturing and ensure durability and performance of the product. They will work alongside with the engineering team to develop design concepts using CAD tools, mock-ups and prototypes, and will validate designs thru testing and trials.
The candidate must be willing to work from the Marlborough, MA or Portsmouth, NH office on a regular basis.
SPECIFIC ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Participate in the definition of the design briefs
• Search for and explore design trends
• Ensure that products are developed to specification and with design excellence
• Consider end user in every action and decision
• Incorporate Human Factors Integration into the design considerations
• Remain aware of new technologies and trends related to soldier systems and protective
• Lead user interviews, assessments, and observation (shadowing)
• Lead and participate in brainstorming sessions
• Demonstrate concepts thru sketches and mock-ups
• Translate 2D concepts into 3D models
• Validate designs with internal subject matter experts (SME) and end users
• Create 3D realistic images (renderings)
• Liaise with other departments, suppliers and customers as required during the design
• Proficiency in the use of software tools primarily SolidWorks and graphics software such as
Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop.
• Perform other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
• Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Design or equivalent combination of education and
• 10+ years of experience in product design.
• Exceptional creative problem solving and design skills
• Must be proficient in SolidWorks, Photoshop, Illustrator and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel,
• Must have good manual skills for creating mock-ups and prototypes, experience is a plus
• Creative and ability to work autonomously and part of a team
• Strong English language, verbal communication and writing skills required.
• Experience in the design of personal protective equipment is a plus
• Experience in Surface Modeling is a plus.
• Knowledge of composite manufacturing processes is a plus
• Experience with production environment is a plus
• Knowledge of and experience of working with Military and Personal Protective Equipment
Standards, a plus
Please include your portfolio or a link to your portfolio, in the application.