Digital Scientists is seeking a Senior Product Designer to work with our Digital Design team. You will have the opportunity to lead the design of user experiences and visual design on a variety of client products.
The Senior Product Designer will be part of a collaborative product development process – working together with each client team and our Design, Development and Product Management team members to turn designs into high quality mobile applications and desktop apps. We're a close-knit team that helps companies build responsive mobile and other digital products and businesses.
We are looking for an experienced senior-level designer with strong strategic thinking abilities, and an eye for pixel-perfect design. We are looking for a senior designer who is capable of setting a standard for experience design, visual excellence and pushing the boundaries of what’s possible.
You’re the right person for the job if you:
* Are passionate about design and participate in the whole design process, from wireframing to prototypes and visual design. You roll up your sleeves and take lead.
* Are a self-starter, big complex challenges do not scare you. You know exactly how to prioritize and where to begin tackling them. You embrace ambiguity and thrive in making sense of it.
* Apply strategic thinking, understanding complex systems and design for multiple user types.
* Are able to view problems holistically, concentrating both on the big picture and the experience as a whole, and also the tiny details that make experiences delightful
* Have business chops and a good understanding of business requirements and end-user needs.
* Apply thorough storytelling skills to convey a unified and compelling vision.
* Are able to mentor and lead junior designers through the product design process, providing critique and creative direction.
* Presenting to clients does not make you uncomfortable, and you are able to articulate and defend design decisions with clear explanations
* Are a team player, and easily collaborate with product management and development peers.
Our culture is very important to us. You’ll be a great fit for our team if you’re:
Curious and Humble. You’re driven to learn new things and put them into practice, but you’re not afraid to admit when you’re wrong.
Disciplined and Trustworthy. You’re a hard worker who is serious about building a lasting relationship of trust with your team.
Bachelors/Masters degree in Industrial Design, Graphic Design, Visual Communication Design, Computational Media, Human-Computer Interaction (HCI) or equivalent field of study
5+ years of professional digital design experience, including 3+ years complex app design experience
Adept in solving problems through systematic design thinking
Requires a portfolio of mobile and web apps, evidencing solid UX concepts and outstanding visual design skills
Adobe CC skills. Bonus points for familiarity with InVision, Zeplin, JIRA, Miro, and others
CANDIDATES ARE EXPECTED TO SUBMIT PORTFOLIO URL LINK WHEN APPLYING
WORK REMOTELY, WITH OCCASIONAL TRAVEL TO OUR NORTH METRO ATLANTA OFFICE
This position is full time flexible hours, with highly competitive salary.
100% Paid Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance Premium for Employee
Approximately 50% Paid Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance Premium for Dependents
100% Paid Long Term Disability and Life Insurance
Maternity and Paternity Leave
401(k) Savings Plan with generous Company match
Work Remotely in the US
Opportunities for professional development
We’re a creative, fun-loving, hardworking team. If you thrive on the energy of a startup environment, and also want to work with some of the biggest names, you’ll love Digital Scientists.
About Digital Scientists, LLC
Digital Scientists partners with clients to deliver transformative software experiences. We build custom digital products for organizations that need a fast-paced and ongoing innovation capability. We offer strategy and service design workshops, UX research, and UI/UX design and prototyping capabilities to help our clients explore complex problems quickly and effectively.