As the UI/UX Designer, you will be responsible for designing design systems, libraries, and interfaces for several different applications. You will work with the VP of Product to build multiple internal and commercial web and mobile applications to support the business. The team is building new proprietary applications and pioneering tools supporting some of the best software investors in the world. You will have ownership of the design for a visionary product suite. This role offers a unique opportunity to join at the beginning to build a new software ecosystem for an industry leading and fast-growing venture capital firm. Part-time remote work available.
Specific accountabilities include:
• Brainstorm with the Product Managers, Engineers, and business users to conceptualize and build new applications and features for internal and external users
• Help design beautiful, commercial-grade web and mobile applications from inception to include palettes, typography, layout, visual effects, brand, etc.
• Design application features e.g., search, dashboards, grid and chart data visualizations, etc.
• Create wireframes and prototypes in Figma, InVision, Sketch or Adobe; present and explain work to the team
• Create design libraries, interaction patterns, and navigational frameworks across broad feature sets and user personas; author standards documentation and ensure adherence post-development
• Implement UCD practices through user research and usability testing
• Conduct unit and functional tests of applications to ensure adherence to design acceptance criteria
• Relentlessly simplify and distill complex processes into intuitive and elegant UIs and user flows
• Constantly consume and apply the latest market design concepts
• Minimum of 4+ years of professional UI/UX design experience for web and mobile applications
• Proficiency in UCD methodologies creating wireframes, storyboards, user flows, and site maps
• Design experience with data intensive applications including visualizations and dashboards
• Experience creating design libraries for multiple responsive web and iOS/mobile apps
• Strong visual design skills including hierarchy, basic typography, color theory, and page layout concepts
• Familiarity with Agile development methodology (Kanban)
• Have worked in an entrepreneurial environment and enjoy operating in a small team environment
Education: BFA/BA/BS in design, industrial design, human factors, or related field
Portfolio: Please include a link to your online portfolio or attach work samples
Starting Date: As soon as possible
Compensation: Commensurate with experience
Benefits: 100%-covered medical; family-friendly health care; 401k Plan; Safe Harbor; Part-time Remote Work available; Regular Employee teambuilding and Social Events; Mentorship Opportunities; Holiday-time Office closure; Inclusive, Innovative, and Entrepreneurial Culture; Great Office Space
Application: Please submit application here: https://bit.ly/3iU6YGK