It's time to build. Whether it's creating more housing, upgrading our infrastructure, or adapting to climate change, one thing is clear: the construction industry is at the center of solving our biggest problems. We’re making buildings cheaper and easier to build by transforming the way commercial construction companies buy their materials. Join us.
Founded in 2018, Agora is now one of the fastest-growing construction technology companies in the world. Construction accounts for $10 trillion in global spend annually and we can’t live without its output - our roads, schools, hospitals, and offices. Despite this, there’s been very little innovation over the past 70 years in how materials - which constitute up to 40% of project costs - are bought and sold. This is our opportunity.
Agora’s growing design team is looking for a passionate, experienced UI/UX generalist who understands and fights for great user experiences as well as having a strong visual eye.
In addition to helping bring design thinking and best-practices to the construction industry, you’ll have the opportunity to contribute to and shape a rapidly-growing company with your talent and passion.
This is a hybrid role where you will wear many hats in the design field, sometimes all at once! The role requires skills from the analytical to the visually creative and would best serve somebody who likes variety in their work and thrives off unique and diverse challenges.
The Senior UX Designer is somebody who must understand the client completely: their needs, problems, opportunities and always be an advocate for their perspectives. As a UX Designer at Agora, you will see a project through all its phases, from story-mapping to visual layout, design and finally to data collection and refinement.
This role will allow you to work extensively with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders, from developers, customer success, sales to clients big and small. This role will have a big part in developing solutions that will change the face of the construction industry for years to come.
- 6+ years of experience as a UX designer with a strong understanding of design-thinking principles and research methodologies a and as a UI designer with an understanding of information design and UI standards
- Work with product, development and clients to distill and research client requests into real problems to be solved
- Create intuitive and simple interfaces that can be understood without documentation
- Follow products through their entire life cycle from initial implementation to analytics and refinement
- Axure RP
- Google Suite
- Self-motivated – Can work independently, especially fully-remotely
- Collaborative – Works well with team members and clients
- Superb verbal and written communication. Able to communicate synchronously or asynchronously and still be clear.
- Adaptability and willingness to learn new skills, software, etc
More about Agora
Agora values diverse perspectives and is committed to building an inclusive workplace. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We strongly encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply.