We’re looking for an experienced enterprise UX designer who has a desire to dig in and solve difficult problems in complex domains and enterprise software contexts. This person has a well rounded design portfolio and a nice balance between UX complexity wrangling and UI/interaction chops.
Because we build design systems and make complicated worlds as simple as possible, our ideal candidate can oscillate between the details of hairy problems and the holistic viewpoint of the user’s experience. All along the learning/iterating process, this person is building up design patterns, logical frameworks and pragmatic solutions to problems.
The candidate would also be very interested in the employee/culture impact of the work they do and will help us educate client teams and integrate design into our client’s cultures. This requires a sense of leadership and passion to ‘spread the word’ to our client partners.
The candidate’s ability to communicate effectively is key to success in this role, they’ll have to get clients pumped about our work together and forge meaningful relationships with many members of client teams.
Our philosophy on team environment
We believe that kindness, candor and humour facilitate an excellent workplace. When you mix these attributes with interested and conscientious team members, you enjoy being at work and your work quality is high.
These things are all part of having high standards for our work and ourselves. This doesn’t mean striving for perfection, but excellence in what we do. We are balanced between being human-centred and being pragmatic. We think that you can tap into your curiosity and joyfulness to deliver your best work, and we aim to facilitate your growth.
What you’ll do in this role
- Create low fidelity design deliverables that could include site structure, flows, wireframes using whimsical
- Create figma prototypes and style guides to a high standard (required by design systems)
- UX design deliverables such as personas, user journeys, presentations etc
- Forge and maintain relationships across the client team
- Present UX deliverables with well thought out rationale and appropriate communication devices (diagrams, flows, screens, slides, etc)
- Manage your backlog, defining and estimating stories
- Contribute to group design criteria
- Build internal processes, training & standards
Our ideal fit
- Conscientious and reasonable
- An excellent listener, observer and collaborator
- Sense of humour
- Very proactive in communicating details around timelines, scope & deadlines (to fit with our asynchronous workflow)
- Someone who balances user needs, business motivations and feasibility very well
- Eligible to work in Canada
Abilities & Skills
- An eye for optimization, client management and efficiency
- Observing and being curious
- Documentation skills and excellent attention to detail
- Leadership qualities including the ability to engage, motivate, incorporate others’ ideas and give effective design feedback
- Superior communication skills with the ability to develop great relationships with both colleagues and clients
- Solid information architecture, interaction design, and visual design skills
- Ability to communicate design ideas and prototypes, even when they are conceptual
- Experience managing teams, delegating work and motivating others a bonus
- Minimum 4+ years of experience as a UX designer with strong enterprise portfolio examples
- Design tools: Figma, Whimsical, Confluence, Pencil & Paper ;)
Steps to apply
- Tell us why this particular job and our brand resonates with you in a page or less
- Attach your CV (pdf format)
- Point us to your portfolio
- send to firstname.lastname@example.org