Are you a curious collaborator, with a passion for UX design and research? We are looking for a talented Senior UX Researcher, to join our rapidly growing design team. In this role you will have the opportunity to work directly with clients and other design team members on diverse projects across a range of industries.
Our Design team helps clients create new products and services. We work with enterprise and startup clients to guide them through every phase in the product development lifecycle using an integrated, cross disciplinary approach. You will work to seek out solutions to complex problems through iteration and collaboration. You will build a relationship with clients and know how to ask the right questions to determine their needs.
As a Senior UX Researcher, you’re comfortable working through friction and are not afraid to disagree with a client in a constructive way. You are someone who is able to mentor and guide less experienced teammates while meeting stringent deadlines and achieving great results.
At Levvel, our Design team has an appreciation for business strategy and software development. As a successful Senior UX Researcher, you are adaptable and comfortable being client facing. You know the ends and outs of facilitating the alignment of business goals and user needs through workshops & research. You’ve worked in a corporate environment just long enough to understand bureaucracy, but not long enough to accept it. You’ve worked at small companies/freelanced long enough to understand what real responsibility is. You don’t ask for permission and you make justified decisions that don’t require forgiveness either.
Our consultants have many opportunities for leadership on small teams. There are also growth tracks that offer management roles and principal roles.
Within 3 months, you will have successfully integrated with the design team, while integrating with your project teams to understand the requirements and get moving toward implementation.
Responsibilities for Senior UX Researcher
- Advocating for the importance of User Centered Design, UX & UX Research, and Lean & Agile Design methodologies throughout and outside the design team
- Planning, strategy, facilitation, and/or conducting usability testing
- Acting as the main point of contact for all voice, research, and usability testing questions
- Identifying, documenting, and informing team members of user pain points through stakeholder conversations, workshops, onsite visits, and user interviews
- Creation and maintenance of documentation related to voice patterns and UX content strategy
- Reviewing applicable design stories to ensure voice scripts and ux content is consistent across the entire product and matches documentation
Requirements & Skills for Senior UX Researcher
- 5+ years experience with qualitative user research
- A strong understanding of user interface patterns and best practices across both mobile app and responsive web design
- Experience planning and facilitating workshops
- Ability to lead projects
- Ability to execute customer/user interviews and synthesize results to inform product strategies
- Ability to prioritize product roadmaps and mentor clients to make data-driven decisions
- Proficiency in Figma, Sketch, Adobe CS, and prototyping tools (such as Principle and Invision)
- Solid grounding in user centered design thinking
- Understanding of Agile development processes
- Knowledgeable about front end web development (HTML/CSS/JS)
- A portfolio or samples of work demonstrating user research