Small Planet is looking for an experienced senior UX/UI designer who can lead the design process — from UX research and documentation to final designs and design systems — on high profile client and internal projects.
As a Senior Designer, you will work on cross-functional teams to strategize and create products used by millions across multiple platforms (iOS, Android, web). You’ll be the client-facing lead, responsible for creating, presenting, and defending every aspect of design.
This is a great opportunity to work with smart, hard-working people who care about each other and the work they do. This position is full-time, with the option to work remotely or join us in our Brooklyn office.
- Participate in product strategy
- Generate UX documentation (wireframes, flows, etc.)
- Facilitate UX research, as necessary
- Create high and low fidelity prototypes
- Execute visual designs
- Devise and maintain design systems
- Work closely with developers for proper design handoff
- Conduct styling & design QA
- Present to clients and internal teams
- Direct other designers
Skills & Qualifications
- BFA or equivalent in Graphic Design, Digital Design, or a related field
- 5+ years of design experience working on cross-functional teams to create digital products
- Ability to articulate and defend design rationale to stakeholders
- Fluency with common design and prototyping tools, including Sketch and Figma
- Familiarity with design best practices and standards such as Material Design and the Apple Human Interface Guidelines.
- Knowledge of user research methodology (quantitative and qualitative)
-Experience working in an Agile software environment
-Direct experience designing for natively coded mobile applications
-Experience leading ideation workshops/sessions (brainstorming, mapping, prioritizing)
In addition to your resumé and portfolio link, please include a cover email letting us know why you'd be a good fit for us here at Small Planet.