At Shinesty, our mission is to force the world to take itself less seriously. We make people laugh first and sell second. Our mothers don’t always approve of what we do, but the millions of people we’ve entertained over the years do. Our customers come to us for a seamless and entertaining shopping experience, so our design is meant to entertain without confusing or slowing down the shopper.
We’re looking for our first in-house UX Designer who can climb aboard the Shinesty train to design new, innovative features and to iterate on existing designs to create a better user experience.
If you are inspired to create satisfying and compelling experiences and understand that clean and clear doesn’t have to be boring, you’ll fit right in. If you want to help shape end to end experiences from conception to implementation with a passionate and talented team, look no further. In this role you will join a lean, highly-collaborative design team and be responsible for leading on site design.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Push the boundaries of the visual design and functionality of the Shinesty website to improve conversion rate and site performance.
- Understand the underlying business goals and balance it with customer needs to design effective and great experiences for them.
- Understanding of customer funnels and journeys with a passion for measuring, analyzing and optimizing those paths.
- Improve and develop our UX design process utilizing research, wireframing, prototyping, user testing and high-fidelity mockups.
- Conceptualize creative ideas and collaborate with internal team
- Establish design guidelines, standards, and best practices.
- Communicate design ideas using user flows, process flows, site maps, and wireframes.
- Implement standard UX processes at Shinesty as first in-house UX designer.
- Work with QA team for defect resolution.
- Drive the execution and maintenance of our digital design system and Figma components library in collaboration with the rest of the product/development team.
- Maintain libraries of UI and visual brand assets.
- Attention to Detail: Doesn’t let the important details of a project slip through the cracks
- Proactivity: Self manages and acts without being told what to do
- Flexibility/adaptability: Comfortable with ambiguity and working in an ever changing / fast paced environment.
- Creativity/Innovation: Brings new, creative ideas to every aspect of the business they are responsible for
- Openness to Criticism and Ideas: Willingness to take feedback and improve upon work
- High Standards: Expects personal and team performance to be nothing short of the best
Nice to Have:
- Experience with an early stage startup
- Experience designing web/mobile apps
- Experience planning and conducting user research and usability testing
- Experience integrating qualitative and quantitative data into design work
- DTC/Apparel a plus
- Subscription UX experience
Education and Experience:
- Minimum of 4 years UX design experience at a fast paced technology focused company.
- Expertise in Figma/Sketch/or related program, Adobe Creative Suite
- Thorough understanding of the end-to-end iterative design process (including research, wireframing, prototyping, user testing and high-fidelity mockups).
- Equity Stake in Shinesty
- Can be a remote position or relocation budget available (to Denver/Boulder)
- Competitive comp range 80,000-120,000 (willing to consider a variety of candidates, - ---- range depending on job experience), plus bonus based on company performance
- Full medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Dog-friendly office
- Flexible PTO, no need to accrue time, take as much as you'd like
- Flexible working hours, just get your stuff done and generate results
- All the tools and resources you need to be successful in this role