Planterworx is currently looking for Senior/Lead Industrial Designers with 5+ years of experience in the design field to join our growing design and manufacturing company in Brooklyn, New York. Planterworx is unique in that we have both our design, and manufacturing facilities in the same building, that means that prototypes, and projects that we design in the morning can be manufactured in the afternoon.
The Senior/Lead Industrial Designer position at Planterworx involves a broad range of responsibility which include, but are not exclusive to ideation sketching, 3D modeling (Solidworks), rendering, product research, generating shop drawings, and Graphic Design. We require the design staff to have some fabrication experience, as well as a strong understanding of manufacturing products from metal & wood, as the position also involves making prototypes of new products, and advising the fabrication team. The Senior/Lead Designer should be comfortable in a shop environment. Experience with CNC programming, and Laser Cutter programming (Trumpf) a big plus, but willing to train the right people. Additionally the designer will be responsible for much of the day to day operations, this includes, ordering materials, customer service, establishing/maintaining vendor relations, scheduling jobs, quality control of all production that leaves the shop...etc. The Lead designer will be the client facing representative of Planterworx, for all jobs in which they are involved.
Candidates must be located in the NYC area.
- Excellent Project Management skills
- A good sense of humor
- Ability to work on multiple projects at the same time
- Bachelor's in Industrial design required, MFA or MID preferred
- At least 5 years experience in the field of Industrial Design
- Ability to solve complex problems with elegant solutions
- Ability to work alone, as well as part of a team.
- Expert level skills using Solidworks
- Expert level skills using Adobe Creative Suite
- Strong customer service skills
- Professional fabrication experience a huge plus
- Create promotional material as required: Postcards, Catalogs,
Advertisements, and more
- Update, and maintain the company website
Please send your resume, along with work samples or a link to a portfolio website.
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.