BBC International LLC is an established leader in the footwear industry specializing in sourcing, design, and technology for branded, licensed, and in-house owned brands. We currently have an amazing opportunity as we are seeking an exceptionally creative and experienced Action Sport footwear designer with a specialization in snowboard boots. As a designer with expertise in this industry, you will be instrumental in conceptualizing, designing, and crafting game-changing products.
The primary function of this full-time role includes but are not limited to:
• Designer for Skate Lifestyle Brand with a focus on snowboard boot designs to build cohesive line and implement cutting edge product innovation driving the creative direction for the snowboard category.
• Leverage your in-depth understanding and specialization to design cutting-edge footwear concepts tailored to the specific demands of our customers.
• Collaborate with Industry leading Technology providers to develop production techniques, required to commercialize attributes of improved fit and function.
• Expertly select materials, trims and components that seamlessly align with design aesthetics and brand DNA to deliver innovative performance products that address market opportunities.
• Market/Trend research and the creation of trend boards and color palettes for presentations.
• Present design concepts, ideas, trend information and specific footwear requests to management adeptly integrating feedback into your designs.
• Manage licensor relationships, new artwork, offline product reviews with licensors & maintaining personal connection level to strengthen partnership.
• Detail entry of designs to be submitted to overseas office/sample room facilities via email.
• Partner closely with sourcing counterparts to translate your vision into tangible, high-quality prototypes and final designs.
• Following through development of the product during the development season through final production confirmation.
• Partner with Merchandising & Sales to ensure product opportunities are addressed as well as Go To Market readiness.
• Travel (international and domestic) is required.
• Any other business as assigned by the Design Director.
• 7-10 years of professional experience designing snowboard footwear.
• Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Design, Footwear Design, &/or equivalent relevant work experience.
• Exceptional knowledge of snowboard boot footwear.
• Proven track record with a portfolio showcasing designs within the Snowboard footwear arena is required.
• Proficiency in design software - Illustrator and Photoshop
• Comprehensive knowledge of footwear construction methodologies, materials, and manufacturing processes specific to Snowboard footwear.
• Highly developed conceptual, creative and analytical skills.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills.
• High level knowledge of competitive product, retail environments and market influences.
• Ability to work independently with little direction.
• Thrive working within a dynamic, high-performing, and fast-paced environment.
• Ability to work under pressure to meet strict deadlines.
• Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Short-Term Disability (100% Employer covered)
• 401K and company match
• Voluntary Benefits
• Flexible Spending Accounts
• Paid Time Off - Vacation, sick and personal time