We are seeking a talented, creative and ambitious 3D modeling SolidWorks surfacing expert to join our design & development team based out of Saint Michael, MN. Our office environment is friendly but fast paced. Our dress is casual and we offer flexible work hours. The successful candidate has a background in product design and development, ideally with knowledge and experience in plastic part design and manufacturing (injection molding, Roto molding, and vac forming). 3D modeling experience using SolidWorks surfacing is a must.
The designer will create high quality digital 3D surface models used in the industrial design and product development process. 3D data is used to develop numerous product concepts, detailed appearance models, high quality renderings, and production level surfaces used in tooling for manufacturing.
Must have an outstanding work ethic, great attention to detail and processes plus a complete distaste for missed opportunity.
• Create production ready CAD files for tooling, review plastic parts and troubleshoot molding issues
• Prepare prints for production manufacturing
• Attend meetings and liaise with Product Management teams as required
• Other duties as required
Qualifications of the Ideal Candidate:
• 2-5 years of experience in product design and development
• Experienced with SolidWorks, with knowledge of surfacing techniques
• Strong understanding of materials and manufacturing processes as they impact design.
• A creative thinker with a meticulous eye for detail
• Organized self-starter
• Reliable and self-motivated; a team player, yet able to work without close supervision
• Able to work under pressure with the ability to professionally accept and provide feedback
• Firm grasp on design for manufacturing, experience with parting lines and draft
• Strong communication skills and ability to work within a team environment
•include cover letter, resume, and PDF of a small selection of work samples