Boston, MA • 12 Channel Street, Boston, MA, 02210
GENTEX AT A GLANCE:
At Gentex Corporation, we’ve created an environment where great ideas and great people can thrive. Leveraging a history that spans over 125 years, Gentex is a global leader in personal protection and situational awareness solutions for defense forces, emergency responders, and industrial personnel operating in high performance environments. Join our multinational team of exceptional and dedicated employees around the world and work on challenging and rewarding projects, grow your skills, and advance your career all while making a positive difference in the lives of our customers. Together, you and Gentex can build a career that’s uniquely yours.
• 6 or more years of experience in product design
• Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Design or Mechanical Engineering.
• Excellent sketching and visualizing skills
• Extensive experience using CAD software in development (SolidWorks or equivalent parametric solid modeling).
• Excellent surfacing skills and experience working with complex assemblies
• Experience fabricating prototypes for internal evaluation and customer feedback
• Must be familiar with design for manufacturability and transition from design to production.
• Demonstrate knowledge of mechanisms, injection molding, composite materials and machined components
• Strong organizational skills, the ability to prioritize and to manage multiple projects
• Work well within a multidisciplinary team environment
• Knowledge of MS Office
• Understanding of drafting standards (GD&T)
• Ability to manage vendors and Junior Designers
ABOUT THE JOB!
The Senior Designer primarily focuses on developing Personal Protection Equipment for both Commercial and Military Applications. Our work includes Head Borne Systems such as ballistic helmets, visors, heads up display, mandibles, communication head sets and respirators.
• Define solutions that integrate end user, business, and brand objectives.
• Integrate anthropometrics, user interaction, and technical constraints into viable solutions.
• Champion the user, delivering clear points-of-view, tell compelling stories and clear use cases.
• Contribute directly to research activities (field observation, client interaction, etc.).
• Build the power of our brand by developing innovative new products.
• Develop actionable insights from a wide variety of data sources
• Implement design process - concept development and prototyping that lead to manufacturable solutions.
• Direct work to meet a high standard of quality via brand standards and design guidelines.
• Drive constant improvement in creative quality and capabilities.
• Assist in the development and implementation of design guides that set a visual strategy.
Gentex’s Boston facility is located in the Seaport District in South Boston. The Seaport District is a redeveloped stretch of the waterfront lined with large, sleek restaurants, bars and hotels. It is a dynamic mix of companies and industries that include architecture and creative service studios, specialized manufacturing facilities, research and development firms, and technology start-ups. Visitors and locals can relax at cafe tables on Fan Pier, along the Harborwalk. Next to the huge Boston Convention & Exhibition Center, the Lawn on D offers summer concerts and games like bocce and ping-pong.
At Gentex, we don’t just accept difference—we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Gentex Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran status or on the basis of disability. Gentex is an E-Verify Participant. Pre-employment drug/alcohol/background screening is required. If you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with Gentex, please call our Human Resources department at (570) 282-3550.