Title: Sr. Graphic Designer
Reports to: Executive Creative Director
The ideal candidate shows equal passion and knowledge of the following fields: Fashion trends, Design trends, and Print/Digital production.
The Sr. Graphic Designer will report to the Executive Creative Director, and must have 6+ years of integrated design experience in the fashion industry or similar.
The Sr. Graphic Designer is responsible for creating and executing print and digital projects as assigned. All while managing personal project intake, and ensuring that all assets are successfully delivered on schedule from initial artwork conception to final production. We operate in a fast-paced, constantly multitasking environment and this role is crucial to the ongoing success of the business.
The individual needs to be creative with exquisite taste, but also detail oriented, organized, thrive in a team environment and collaborate well with both creative and cross-functional teams in a positive, enthusiastic manner.
• Agency, editorial or in-house background
• Fashion brand and/or fashion magazines background
• Passion for typography, and proven typesetting skills
• Clear understanding of contemporary fashion photography and iconic fashion references
• Ability to understand a project brief as well as business goals before engaging designing
• Brings creativity and strategic thinking to life in presentations that creates enthusiasm
• Works across any media: print, video, interactive, environmental and beyond
• Strong design skills with a passion for current and upcoming trends
• Hits tight deadlines with a can-do attitude and an exceptional eye for details
• Knowledge of pre-press, press, web and sheet-fed printing
• Proven ability to oversee press checks of marketing materials
• Works closely with executive creative director, copywriter, and creative services team to proactively move projects forward
• Ability to give direction as well as work collaboratively with creative team
• Enjoys working with and mentoring junior creative teams
• Interprets feedback to find the best execution
• Effectively handles multiple assignments simultaneously
• Identify, mark-up, and write instructions for retouching images
• Mark-up, complete layouts, and write instructions to prepare materials for printing
• Works with team to maintain Creative Services department server and its filing system
• Knowledge about creative industry and can provide recommendations for creative resources
• 6+ years professional and related experience in graphic design field
• Award winning portfolio of work that proves the above
• Excellent knowledge of print and digital design
• Excellent production skills
• Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator)
• Excellent mechanical/production skills with expertise in typography, layout and design
• Strong verbal, interpersonal, project management and presentation skills
• Ability to build strong working partnerships
• Ability to work efficiently and in a fast-paced environment to meet tight deadlines
• Ability to work both independently of and collaboratively with the creative team
• Interest in photo art direction, fashion apparel
• Bachelor degree (BA Graphic Design preferred) or similar proven work experience
• Fashion, beauty and/or luxury lifestyle brands experience
• Competitive salary plus performance-based bonus potential
• Great employee benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, paid time off program, holiday pay, matching 401 (k) plan, and a generous discount on our designs
• Excellent work environment
Please submit resume in PDF/Word format and provide salary requirements.
Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.