Sr. Product Innovation Developer
Polygroup is a global consumer goods company that designs, manufactures and distributes outdoor recreation and seasonal home decor products to inspire people to play more and celebrate more. For over 30 years, we have been the most trusted authority and world leader in best-in-class, imaginative, trend-driven and tech-smart products that make lives more fun. Today, we own two fast-growing consumer brands, are the largest global manufacturer of artificial Christmas trees, and sell a diverse product portfolio of trees, seasonal lighting, holiday décor, above ground pools, and inflatables in major big-box U.S. and European retailers.
The Polygroup mission is to inspire connection through imagination, celebration and fun. Our brands provide the best seasonal home décor and outdoor recreation products that help people have the best time of their lives.
Polygroup is growing and we are looking for a very talented and passionate full-time Sr. Product Innovation Developer to join our innovation team. Reporting directly to the VP of Product Development, you will work closely with both the U.S. and Asia teams in all areas of product ideation, research and go-to-market strategy. We are collaborative here, so your responsibilities will include working cross-functionally with various teams to conceive and present new product ideas that can differentiate and excite, aligned with our brands’ vision, direction and consumer strategy. You must be self-motivated and have a proven track record of successfully developing products that elevate brands and drive revenue. If one of your superpowers is identifying and presenting opportunities for new product ideas in new and existing categories, you will thrive in this role.
Requirements and Skills:
• 5+ years of experience developing, relevant and inspiring design solutions
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Product Design, Industrial Design, or Engineering
• Responsible for overseeing ideation to development of innovative products with unique and creative play patterns.
• Ability to clearly, effectively, and visually present ideas to team members thru sketches, color renderings, or models. These new products must be exciting and market relevant to both the trade and the consumer.
• Inspiring 2D skills via sketching, Illustrator, Photoshop, etc.
• Advanced 3D modeling and visualization skills
• Knowledge of engineering and manufacturing principles / concepts
• Ability to think strategically and integrate with business leaders
• Deep understanding of how things work
• A self-managing, motivated and entrepreneurial nature
• Passion for Design Strategy and Innovation
• Keeps pace with changes in the market, consumer trends and emerging technologies that would affect new product development
• Ability to meet deadlines
• Ability to turn constructive feedback into action steps for improvement
• Organized and self-directed; able to work both independently and in a team environment, keeping projects and files organized when working in a team, and able to prioritize responsibilities and communicate progress
• Medical, Vision, Dental, 401K, Paid holidays, Paid time-off
• 100% remote
• Some travel may be required (post Covid); must have valid passport
Please email resume to email@example.com
Put in Subject: "Full Name - Sr. Product Innovation Developer"