Location: US-VA-Tysons (McLean)
Job ID: 2022-0002
# of Positions Type: 1
Category: Communications/Media/Public Relations - Sr. Production Coordinator and Designer
Sr. Production Coordinator and Designer
The Air Line Pilots Association, International (ALPA), the largest airline pilot union in the world and the largest non-governmental aviation safety organization in the world (representing over 61,000 pilots at 38 U.S. and Canadian airlines) seeks an experienced Sr. Production Coordinator and Designer for our Tysons (McLean), Virginia office. The Sr. Production Coordinator and Designer supports Communications Department management in running an efficient design and production department. They are responsible for strong quality assurance controls while working with department management and staff to enhance the on-time delivery of high-quality products for internal and external customers. They will also work side-by-side with other department designers to create products for print and digital use across the Association and work with department staff and external vendors to ensure timely and accurate delivery of products.
Significant responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Serving as primary Point of Contact (POC) on jobs coming into the Communications Department: assigns jobs to the appropriate designer/editor in a timely fashion; tracks progress of each job; and, coordinates with client/vendor/purchasing department as necessary. Reviews daily production and status reports to ensure deadlines are being met, reprioritizes assignments as necessary, recognizes and flags errors or potential problems, and ensures adjustments are made accordingly.
• Working with management to determine best processes to track tickets and work orders across teams and departments.
• Ensuring all products meet rigid quality assurance standards before sending to clients for review.
• Exhibiting comfort level in offering constructive feedback and design direction to colleagues.
• Ability to independently develop original designs for print and digital uses. Examples of products include: logos, branding assets, print documents, digital graphics, billboards, promotional items, newsletters, booklets, and the like.
• Strong design instincts and experience to know the difference in requirements and specifications between print and digital mediums.
• Understands print design requirements and best practices. Becomes familiar with frequently requested products and offers clients recommendations on best materials and products to meet organizational objectives.
• Understands digital design and best practices. Becomes familiar with frequently requested digital products and offers client recommendations.
• Vendor and project management. Manages production process from inception of idea, design, review, and delivery between multiple staff departments, stakeholders, and external vendors.
• Developing and maintaining a deep understanding of the Association's policies, procedures and requirements and communicates these items to pilots, staff, vendors, and management when necessary.
• Always learning and adapting processes, procedures, and designs to follow industry and design trends and best practices.
• Demonstrating a strong attention to detail to track each step of projects and efficient file management.
Interested applicants are requested to submit online portfolio link(s) showing previous work.
Local travel: 0 - 5%.
ALPA is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in a safe workplace. We prohibit discrimination, harassment and harmful behavior of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, gender identity, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or other protected characteristics as outlined in federal or provincial laws. We highly value everyone and all are encouraged to apply, including minorities, veterans, and people with disabilities.
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university required; or, the equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Five (5) years of related experience in a very demanding production or design environment required. At management discretion, significant and in-depth, directly applicable, experience may be substituted for some of the above requirements.
• Strong knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, XD, etc.)
• Experience project managing multiple projects and clients simultaneously.
• Adaptive, modern design instincts and experiences to apply to print and digital mediums.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, oral and written, for effective interaction with internal staff, external contacts, and pilots.
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Must possess exceptional time management skills; be able to work in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment; and, transition easily between projects.
• Complete knowledge of printing processes: paper and ink selection, production timelines, review, and delivery.
• The ability to occasionally work long and after-hours to support rush and priority projects.
Note: The physical demands described herein are characteristic of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential physical activities of this position described below.
Constantly operates a computer/smartphone/tablet. Regularly required to maintain a stationary position, move about the office and the local metropolitan area, determine what others have said or written, and converse with others and exchange accurate information.
Regularly required to sit, stand, bend, reach, and move about the office and the local metropolitan area. Also includes occasional bending, stooping, squatting, and/or pushing and pulling or moving, e.g., to pack, unpack, and/or move cases.
Occasionally required to move, raise, reach, and/or retrieve binders, books, boxes, and files up to ten (10) pounds (lbs.). While on travel, could be responsible to move, raise, reach, and/or retrieve packages and/or luggage weighing as much as 50 lbs. (Assistance may not always be available.)
Relocation not provided.
Apply Here: https://www.click2apply.net/6e4QeeFV5oWVhMAOIoA5W