Techtronic Industries is a fast-growing world leader in Power Tools, Accessories, Hand Tools, Outdoor Power Equipment, and Floor Care for Do-It-Yourself (DIY), professional and industrial users in the home improvement, repair, maintenance, construction, and infrastructure industries. The Company is committed to accelerating the transformation of these industries through superior environmentally friendly cordless technology. At TTI Anderson, our brands RYOBI and HART are recognized worldwide for their deep heritage and cordless product platforms of superior quality, outstanding performance, safety, productivity, and compelling innovation
TTI is looking for an experienced engineer to join our outdoor product group who is passionate about bringing great products to market from concept to mass production
- Responsible for all technical contributions on assigned new product development programs
and support of mature products.
- Drive evolution of product function to interpret consumer/value driven design requirements,
and fulfill cost, timing, and reliability goals.
- Lead, using Concurrent Product Development philosophies, the design of product
architecture suitable for high volume manufacturing processes. Provide overall direction,
including written and verbal instructions to design team members as needed to create and
develop original layout and technical data package.
- Analyze, evaluate and select from design execution alternatives. Prove designs selected fulfill
specification objectives and implement designs into mass production. Mechanism experience
- Accountable for all technical elements of product execution including integration of
complicated components and assemblies, material selection, 3D and 2D design, and safety,
regulatory and standards compliance.
- Collaborate across departments with technical and non-technical personnel (electrical
engineers, industrial designers, product managers, etc.), including international coworkers, to
bring new products from concept to mass production.
- Write general and detailed specifications (i.e., product, performance, and testing
- Develop phase-based prototype, development plan, engineering pilot plan and corresponding
test program to prove merit of technical concepts and product specification compliance.
- Manage activities within model shop and testing.
- Conduct design and safety reviews as needed to gain necessary approvals for product
development phase progression.
- Check and approve technical data package; complete project documentation including
- Engineering Change Requests and Bills of Material. Manage the selection of critical
dimensions based on product function.
- Drive quality compliance as related to project work. Utilize appropriate design development
tools and techniques such as Failure Mode and Effects Analysis, Design of Experiments,
Statistical Tolerancing Methods, GD&T, Design for Manufacture and Assembly, Root Cause
Analysis, and CAD Analysis including FEA and CFD.
- Effective communicator. Willing to share experience with younger engineers.
- BS or MS in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 8 years in similar field with BS or 5 years with MS degree
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment developing consumer products from
concept to mass production is desirable
- Knowledgeable in the design of parts for a variety of high-volume manufacturing processes
including: injection molding, sheet metal (stamping, drawing, bending), die casting, etc.
- Expertise with 3D CAD software (NX, Creo Parametric, or Solidworks) including surfacing
- Hands-on prototyping and testing experience
- Ability to communicate across all functional areas and internationally.
- Works with a sense of urgency, initiative, and able to work independently.
- Experience in international travel desired because travel is required (<10%)