Brilliant Experience’s Senior UX Researcher and Innovator is a human of many talents: someone who can uncover customer motivations, help clients to understand the value of an opportunity, and be the innovator that brings the client along a journey.
They do this by:
- Understanding the advantages (and limitations) of various research and design methodologies, as well as the experience and instincts to know the right approach for a given project
- Finding compelling stories in a trove of qualitative and/or quantitative data
- Thinking critically about a user’s context, environment, mindset, and motivation
- Presenting insights in a way that allows clients to see the world through their customers’ eyes
- Quickly envisioning new product or service innovations and bringing them to live through prototypes
The Sr. UX Researcher and Innovator at Brilliant Experience will:
- Work directly with clients to engage and immerse them into research and ideation activities
- Develop and execute research plans to solve a range of client given problem. Nimbly adapt research plans as client needs shift
- Deliver research insights in a way that generates emotion and engagement from the immediate team and senior stakeholders
- Produce prototypes, result summaries, personas, journey and opportunity maps, and (when appropriate) suggest updated information architectures, wireframes, etc.
- Coordinate and manage a research team (of 1 to many)
- Dive deep into qualitative and quantitative data to provide insights that generate product and service innovations
- Identify potential new opportunities and help support the business development process (note: this is not a sales position, but we’re a small company)
- 5-10 years of hands-on client experience owning a project vision, execution, and quality standards
- Comfort and confidence working with client stakeholders to understand their needs and translate them into research and UX design
- Expertise in implementing a variety of research methods, such as immersive ethnography, contextual inquiry, participatory design, surveys, online remote testing, lab observation, etc.
- Adept at workshop planning and facilitation
- Great at reading people and building rapport quickly
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- A graduate or a master’s degree in Human-Computer Interaction or a related design or behavioral science discipline, or equivalent professional experience
- Due to client needs, must be a U.S. citizen
For the foreseeable future, this is a work-from-home position.
Eventually, this role requires regular on-site time in the Washington, D.C. or New York city area. There may also be occasional and minimal travel (less than 10% per quarter on average).
Unfortunately, we can’t provide relocation costs.
As cliché as it might sound, we want you to live your best life. Satisfied people do their best work.
We provide a highly-competitive salary, platinum-level medical and dental insurance, a monthly cell phone stipend, a 401(K) plan, annual paid training opportunities, and unlimited vacation.
HOW TO APPLY
You must provide a portfolio of work. We’re sorry that we can’t accept applicants who do not submit a portfolio.
We’re not looking for a unicorn, but we do want cross-discipline thinkers. With that in mind, we’d like your portfolio to show samples of *at least two* of the following: research, product innovation, design consulting, service design, experience and graphic design, data science and/or data display, or information architecture.
ll us in less than 250 words why you are a fit for this role; or why you’re interested; or an accomplishment that aligns with the job description.
Principles only. No staffing agencies, please.
Brilliant Experience is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please apply through our website. Unfortunately, we can't currently accept applications through unsolicited email outreach or LinkedIn messages.