Strategic Designer for Peopledesign
- We welcome submissions from anyone with a relevant background and experience.
- Many candidates will have a degree in strategic design and a few years of experience in professional practice.
Peopledesign team members are:
- Curious about the world and interested in learning.
- Able to find and absorb information.
- Listeners and good collaborators.
- Able to work with like-minded teams and diverse groups.
- Able to work independently with focus and technical ability.
- Comfortable with research, helping to seek insights and draw conclusions.
- Good communicators, verbal and written.
- Solution-oriented; a desire to solve problems.
- Accountable and take pride in their work.
- Able to think outside the box when appropriate and work within constraints when necessary.
- Positive and generous, interested in helping and sharing ownership.
In the strategic design role, we are looking or:
- Ability to translate strategic concepts to creative solutions.
- Ability to present and explain ideas to internal teams and clients.
- Knowledge and curiosity of design, business, and technology trends.
- Proven understanding of UX and interaction design concepts, wireframing.
- Proven understanding branding concepts.
- Proficiency in design prototyping tools (i.e., Adobe Creative Suite, InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, XD, etc.)
- Familiarity and continued learning emerging design prototyping tools for digital, motion, and sound, such as Adobe XD, Sketch, Invision, Figma, Final Cut, After Effects.
- Ability to help to set and follow a creative direction.
- Ability to create design systems, layouts,
- Strong aesthetic skills in imagery, typography, composition, and layouts.
The work will include:
- Creating conceptual design solutions for strategic problems.
- Design for print, digital, physical environments.
- Assist in the art direction of external creative and production resources.
- Prepare and contribute to client presentations.
- Help manage quality control and production files.
- Help coordinate copy/message direction for clients, work with writers.
- Working with technical resources and implementing websites and digital products.
Additional deep experience that could be an asset:
- Photography and retouching
- Print and packaging production
- Environmental design
- User/UX research
- Information architecture
- Product design
- Business strategy
- Design thinking
- Website coding