Started in 1933, Green Bay Packaging Inc. (GBP) is a privately owned, vertically integrated company consisting of corrugated container plants, folding cartons, recycled and virgin linerboard mills, pressure-sensitive label rollstock, specialty converting operations, timberlands, and a sawmill facility. Headquartered in Green Bay, Wisconsin, Green Bay Packaging Inc. employs more than 4,000 team members and operates over 30 facilities in 14 states each with a dedication to innovative development of its products and forestry resources, with a focus on safety, quality, sustainability, and continuous improvement. For more information about Green Bay Packaging Inc., visit www.gbp.com.
Green Bay Packaging – El Paso Division is an advanced, fully equipped, and modernized corrugated operation. We produce quality and on time direct print, pre-print, and lithography boxes.
We currently seek a Structural Designer to ensure that the Sales Group and Designer provide proper customer information, to create and process Desired Structural and Graphic Designs for production as per customer request. This position is based at our El Paso Division with worked performed on-site in both the El Paso office and plant. Relocation assistance may be available.
• Follows all Safety rules and procedures;
• Team work effort and involvement in order to meet all goals
• Handles daily Structural projects as dictated by customers and Plant.
• Develops advance Structural and Design skills and On-the-Job Training.
• Performs Tooling verification of new products Print plates, Cutting dies, labels and preprint.
• Places Printing Plates, cutting die(s), label and preprint orders to supply production with needed materials.
• Assists with Production special request or problem tooling.
• Performs the necessary activities to help maintain the functions of the Design Dept.
• Serves as back up for the Graphic part of the Design process.
• Handles all requirements of preprint and labels; gets quotes, checks artwork, and verifies labels when they arrive.
• Obtains quotes on tooling as needed, on cutting dies, and print plates.
Previous experience in structural and/or graphics design, preferably in a corrugate industry. Must be able to communicate well with customers and suppliers' counter parts as well as customer service reps, sales reps, and production personnel on a daily basis.
· Previous Structural Design or equivalent schooling is required. Must have knowledge of ARTIOS CAD, Adobe Illustrator; TOPS,Microsoft Word, Microsoft Exel, Basic computer skills (scanning / cleaning up) ; CAD table (Kongsberg).
· Must be able to handle the different files from the customers.
· 5 years in corrugated industry
· Computer skills: A must. Computer Literate
· Able to communicate well with customers, suppliers and office personnel
· Bilingual in Spanish, required
Green Bay Packaging Inc. offers a competitive, and comprehensive compensation and benefits program. Join a team dedicated to true employee empowerment and long-term success by applying today.
If you are interested in pursuing this excellent opportunity with a solid, stable company, please apply online at:
Green Bay Packaging Inc.
El Paso Division
Green Bay Packaging Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
Thank you in advance for your interest. Due to the tremendous volume of responses, we will be unable to personally acknowledge receipt of each resume. We will contact candidates directly if there is further interest. We appreciate your understanding in this matter.