Leo Villareal Studio is a fine art studio specializing in the creation of highly-refined LED and video artworks. We are looking for a Technical Project Manager to join our team. The new hire will work closely with the artist and a small, tightly-knit team to facilitate the production of new LED and video artworks of a variety of scales.
The technical project manager will:
- Manage multiple simultaneous artwork commission projects; keeping projects on-budget and on-schedule and actively communicating timelines to clients and collaborators:
- Identify and vet new fabricators and vendors to expand an existing pool.
- Select the appropriate vendors based on project-specific demands.
- Perform materials research.
- Create Solidworks or CAD models for artworks that are being specified; communicate design requirements to vendors within a complete design drawing set and BOM.
- Write technical specifications that convey the minimum performance requirements for artworks that are being specified.
- Lead communication with fabricators, drafting RFPs, work orders, and pre-inspection reports
- Record each step in the creation of an artwork and ensure the artwork is properly documented in the studio’s archive; create and maintain BOMs for active projects.
- Create artwork manuals and system diagrams.
- Review vendor bills and ensure they are properly coded.
- Maintain project budget and schedule.
- Experience specifying, designing, and fabricating electronic artworks.
- Ability to draw complex metalwork in 2D and 3D and to specify build parameters for fabricators while overseeing a given fabricator's execution of the design.
- Experience managing multiple simultaneous production projects; ability to keep projects on-budget and on-schedule and communicate timelines to clients and collaborators.
- Excellent attention to detail, including ability to inspect artworks and artwork components with an exacting microvision
Required software skills:
Solidworks, Autocad/Vectorworks/Rhino, Adobe Creative Suite including: Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, and Acrobat, MS Office, Google Docs, FileMaker Pro or equivalent.
Please send us your resume and cover letter along with three references. Only complete applications will be considered. Email applications to: email@example.com.
Collect your best work and submit it to the 2020 Core77 Design Awards — it will go in front of a group of the top designers practicing today, and winners will claim vast bragging rights, media attention and an amazing trophy.
Enter today to beat the looming regular deadline – March 9th!Enter the C77DA x